Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nitrous and dfco

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous and dfco

I have an ls1 with ls6 intake torquer v2 prc 225 heads and a 3600 circle d converter. Should I enable dfco if I am going to be using a 175 shot of nitrous. The reason I ask is before I built this motor it was just bolt ons with the same 175 shot. After I would do a pass and let off the throttle, about a second or two later I would hear a loud pop which I assumed was a backfire. This happened about 5 out of 10 passes so it wasn't all the time. I figured maybe it was some nitrous left in the intake as soon as I let off the throttle and it caused a nitrous backfire. Would it be a good idea to just disable dfco to keep some fuel in the cylinders so it wont be crazy lean if nitrous some how stays left over, or enable it to keep fuel from entering after a pass? This is a street car so it does see some miles not just the track. Thanks in advance for the help!!
Old 01-18-2014, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just realized I'm using a system up to a 125 shot and I was using a 175 on it could this be my problem? It is a zex wet kit using fuel off the rail with a walbro pump

Quick Reply: nitrous and dfco