Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel system for 4.8 turbo build

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 05:01 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel system for 4.8 turbo build

Hi everyone,

I'm piecing together a budget 4.8 turbo build. For now, I'm planning on running the stock motor w/ LS6 intake, GT45 turbo, and meth injection (all of which I have already). I don't have anything fuel wise yet. The car is a 91 camaro with stock fuel tank. I imagine I'll eventually build a more powerful setup, but I'm trying to keep most things as budget as possible except in instances where the cost of overkill for this setup isn't too much more.

I'm probably going to run a 485 walbro in tank. My hang up at the moment is which fuel rails to run, and how to set up the lines/regulator/filter. I'd like to find a set of earlier LS rails w/ the return, but they are proving difficult to find. Does anyone have any thoughts on the best way to do this? Would running a returnless rail setup with a boost referenced regulator before the rail (w/ return from the regulator) make sense? Where is the best place to put the fuel filter?
Old 01-21-2014, 05:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found some helpful info in this post here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...win-turbo.html

Figured I'd share if anyone comes across this thread in a search. If anyone has differing ideas please share!

Last edited by Rumblin91; 01-21-2014 at 05:23 AM. Reason: fixed link

Quick Reply: Fuel system for 4.8 turbo build