Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C5 ls1 dbw to dbc

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 08:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 ls1 dbw to dbc

Getting ready to do a ls1 swap for a friend from a c5 vette. He wants it to be dbc instead of dbw. Can the pcm be programmed to operate the iac and tps ? If so who can do it ? I an add the wires myself if it's possible. He has a 700r4 is reason he wants to go cable. It's in a 50s truck that will be a cruiser not a tire shredder. I have Also heard of a special valve body for a 700 where TV cable isn't needed.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 412 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by poolsmillrods
Getting ready to do a ls1 swap for a friend from a c5 vette. He wants it to be dbc instead of dbw. Can the pcm be programmed to operate the iac and tps ? If so who can do it ? I an add the wires myself if it's possible. He has a 700r4 is reason he wants to go cable. It's in a 50s truck that will be a cruiser not a tire shredder. I have Also heard of a special valve body for a 700 where TV cable isn't needed.
Its not that simple. First you need to know which PCM you have. Some years will not support a DBC.

One of the most detailed write up's on the subject I have seen is here--> http://www.lt1swap.com/cable_conversion.htm

Sorry I can't help on the trans side. IMO its easier to use a 4L60E that will plug and play with the set up since your going to need an Input Speed Sensor signal

Quick Reply: C5 ls1 dbw to dbc