Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone used the Dakota Digital ECD-100?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 08:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Question Has anyone used the Dakota Digital ECD-100?

Has anyone used the Dakota Digital ECD-100? It looks to be new and Dakota's site says they are taking preorders, while at Summit they show the ship date as 2/6/14. Is it so new that it's already been for sale but out of stock and I missed it or did I happen to stumble on something new and fresh that was just released at SEMA.

From the video on Dakota's site it is a mechanical speedometer drive solution like the Cable-X but from a company we know. This would be a huge benefit to some friends and I not to mention a large portion of the retro swap community as I am working on two cars that will need this or something similar this summer.

The device has three cable options to fit both Chevrolet thread and clip on cable styles and the Ford clip on style. My only complaint was the size of the box, but they claim it is weatherproof which opens up mounting options.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/da...00-1/overview/

Old 01-23-2014, 09:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

There was some talk on here about it a while back, but as far as I know, no one said they had used it yet. I just hope they're better than the Cable-X, since the quality of those has gone down hill lately.
Old 01-23-2014, 10:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I was hoping for that since Dakota Digital is a large, respected company. A large part of why I hadn't purchased a Cable-X was negative reviews and poor service.
Old 01-13-2015, 05:15 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thought I would dig this topic back up. I have no dog in the fight with Dakota Digital but I wanted to advise on this product. Ordered a ECD 100 from Summit ( again no promoting) and installed. I have an ls-1 powered 67 Nova wagon and wanted to use my original speedo. I looked for info on this speedo adapter but couldn't find any so thought I would post mine for any fence sitters. I have only driven for 50 miles or so this last week but it set and works perfectly. Time will tell but no speedo needle fluctuation and sets easy.
Old 01-13-2015, 07:23 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmac5
Thought I would dig this topic back up. I have no dog in the fight with Dakota Digital but I wanted to advise on this product. Ordered a ECD 100 from Summit ( again no promoting) and installed. I have an ls-1 powered 67 Nova wagon and wanted to use my original speedo. I looked for info on this speedo adapter but couldn't find any so thought I would post mine for any fence sitters. I have only driven for 50 miles or so this last week but it set and works perfectly. Time will tell but no speedo needle fluctuation and sets easy.
Thanks for the update. I plan to use this unit also. How did you end up mounting it?
Old 01-14-2015, 10:40 AM
Teching In

With under the dash filled with ac ducts, wiring and other necessary equipment I mounted it under the left fender well. Even though it is designed to run in that area I made a box to protect it.
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone used the Dakota Digital ECD-100?-image.jpg  
Old 06-05-2016, 07:34 PM
On The Tree

bump. any further feedback on this?

thanks
Old 06-06-2016, 06:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jks67ss396
bump. any further feedback on this?

thanks
I have been running it for about 1200 miles. Other than the fact that the speedo needle bounces a bit when my turn signal is on it has been working great.

Quick Reply: Has anyone used the Dakota Digital ECD-100?