Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

4th Gen. Camaro Loses T-Top At Half Track With GoPro Still Attached!

Old 01-24-2014, 10:12 AM
LS1Tech Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4th Gen. Camaro Loses T-Top At Half Track With GoPro Still Attached!

4th Gen. Camaro Loses T-Top At Half Track With GoPro Still Attached!

By Justin Fivella

If you have a T-top equipped F-body then you know exactly what this guy went through. While many of you have been lucky enough to escape such an unfortunate fate, this "lucky" guy not only lost a T-top at mid track on the drag strip, but his GoPro was attached to the high-flying T-top!
Watch as the glass roof goes flying and ends with an expensive crash. As for missing T-tops, have you ever lost one? I came oh so close during a pass but I was able to chop throttle and grab it just before it went airborne. Thank goodness! If you have any funny T-top stories post'em up!

Check the main page for the full story

Old 01-24-2014, 10:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

This happen to me as well before the sub frame connector. I now have 2 sets just incase.

If your looking for a passanger side I have a complete set that's extra I would sell
Old 01-24-2014, 12:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened to me on the 110 Freeway.

I visited my sister when she was living in San Pedro.
Her kid was playing in my IROC and I didn't know he had unlatched the passenger side T-Top.

Drive home, all of the sudden it got real loud with wind noise then the top popped up very high in the shy and came down in the #1 lane. Luckily it didn't hit any cars.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

That's my car guys. Or should I say was my car. Unfortunately I had to sell it back in Dec due to a 2nd child on the way. I miss that car a lot. I owned it for almost 10 yrs. Before people chime in that stang was my buddies hellion turbo built 5.0 on e85. Runs bottom 9s compared to my 10.8 stock bottom end ls1.

I do own a nice bolt on 06 Gto m6 now as a daily driver. Fun car and has some nice mods.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Staging Lane

Ive have four t-top fbodys and so far ive been lucky enough to avoid this. Knocking on wood.

Pretty cool video though.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool video for sure. I've been luck with mine, but had some close calls. And been stranded without tops and drove in rain years ago

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 4th Gen. Camaro Loses T-Top At Half Track With GoPro Still Attached!