Carbureted LSX Forum Carburetors | Carbed Intakes | Carb Tuning Tips for LSX Enthusiasts

Ls2 parts??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls2 parts??

Hey peeps are all LS parts interchangeable? Can I us parts from an LS1,3,7 parts on my LS2 motor? Like water pump, heads, cams?
Old 01-25-2014, 01:43 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyG1983
Hey peeps are all LS parts interchangeable? Can I us parts from an LS1,3,7 parts on my LS2 motor? Like water pump, heads, cams?
In general, yes. The cams and timing chain cam sprockets can vary with different years. There is 1 bolt and 3 bolt designs. The 3 bolt is the older design. I think around 04 is the changover year depending on the model. If I am not mistaken LS2s have a 1 bolt cam, but you can use a 3 bolt cam in it if your get a 3 bolt timing chain.

Then there is the square port cathedral port heads. The intake and intake valve rocker arms are unique to each design, so they have to be changed together.
Old 01-25-2014, 02:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Accessories you need to take as a set. Corvette, F body and truck all run the belt a different distance from the block. Iron blocks are missing some of the mounting bosses.

Computers are not interchangeable due in part to different number of teeth on the reluctor wheels.

Coil packs can differ different too and will have different connectors.

LS3 heads need a minimum bore size for valve clearance, so won't go on anything smaller than a 6.0L

Some of the trucks have slightly longer cranks, but can work with adapters

Big stuff typically swaps but lots of little differences here and there. It is not completely mix and match.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for the help I appreciate it. Good to know help is just a click away.

Quick Reply: Ls2 parts??