Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FAST 102 and FAST fuel rail = fuel leak. Need better rail bracket

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 06:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Exclamation FAST 102 and FAST fuel rail = fuel leak. Need better rail bracket

Anyone else having trouble with the fuel rail brackets (stanchions) that come with the FAST fuel rail kit and know of a bolt in bracket that cures the poor fit and fuel leak? The ones that came with the rails hold the rails up just a hair too high and the injectors are leaking.

After mounting the fuel rails on the manifold and building fuel pressure, we are seeing a leak on the driver side but not the passenger. During test fitting I noticed I was able to move the injector up and down a little bit with everything mounted and tightened.

Injectors and o-rings were installed correctly and o-rings were lubricated
All bolts and brackets were checked for proper fitment and torque

It appears the mount brackets are just junk, I found a couple threads where others said they had to make their own brackets. Anyone have a better idea? I would like to find some bolt in brackets that fit properly from the start, I don't want to put grinded up or rigged up brackets on this car.

Thank you!
Old 01-26-2014, 02:40 AM
Super Hulk Smash

Received 137 Likes on 114 Posts

Swap to LS2 rails or go back to the stock rails with the spacer kit. That's the best solution I can offer outside of fabbing up new brackets.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I had the same problem in the drivers side rear injectors leaking. My fix was I had to put a small washer under the front stanchion. The rail on the drivers side actually sat pitched forward a bit, causing the rear injectors not to seat properly. Putting that washer under the stanchion leveled the rail out and allowed them to all seat properly.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

And make sure you are using the thicker injector o-rings, they should have came with the fuel rail kit.
Old 01-26-2014, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine didn't come with the brackets I needed. I spoke with someone at FAST and the sent the right ones.
Old 01-26-2014, 01:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Undertow74
I had the same problem in the drivers side rear injectors leaking. My fix was I had to put a small washer under the front stanchion. The rail on the drivers side actually sat pitched forward a bit, causing the rear injectors not to seat properly. Putting that washer under the stanchion leveled the rail out and allowed them to all seat properly.

And make sure you are using the thicker injector o-rings, they should have came with the fuel rail kit.
I will look at using the spacers, on this set up when I took the bolts out of the side that are leaking the rail pushed out pretty far from the "natural position" so I bent the brackets out a hair and that helped but didn't fix it. So then I noticed that the rail needs to go further down on the back side. So I think I will drill that rear stanchion to lower the rail and go from there.

I didn't see another set of o-rings but the guy I did the work for pre assembled the manifold and rails. I believe the o-rings on the injectors are the ones that came with the injectors. I will look into that for sure.

Originally Posted by JakeFusion™
Swap to LS2 rails or go back to the stock rails with the spacer kit. That's the best solution I can offer outside of fabbing up new brackets.
Thanks man, I hope it doesn't come to that.

Originally Posted by ShevrolayZ28
Mine didn't come with the brackets I needed. I spoke with someone at FAST and the sent the right ones.
Were yours far off from the right fit? Or just a hair? These seem like they are the right ones because they appear to mount up just fine but leak. I would assume the wrong ones wouldn't even be close..?

Thanks everyone for the responses, I am going to go ahead and grind/drill on the stanchions (brackets) here in a little while to see if that fixes it, originally I didn't want to do this but the car needs to get to the tuner sooner than later.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 00pooterSS

Were yours far off from the right fit? Or just a hair? These seem like they are the right ones because they appear to mount up just fine but leak. I would assume the wrong ones wouldn't even be close..?

Thanks everyone for the responses, I am going to go ahead and grind/drill on the stanchions (brackets) here in a little while to see if that fixes it, originally I didn't want to do this but the car needs to get to the tuner sooner than later.
Mine were way off. Sounds like you have the right ones, but they need some tweaking.

It's a little frustrating that these nice rails don't come with better brackets. Typical aftermarket laziness, lack of attn to detail....I digress lol.
Old 01-27-2014, 03:35 PM
TECH Veteran

So I fixed it. Turns out it was my fault though. When I started this project there were no instructions with the manifold and the guy I am putting the car together for pre-fit the intake, rails and injectors... so I didn't know the fat o-rings had to be used, or where they were supposed to be used.

For anyone having this issue, if you are using LS1/LS6 style injectors (not LS2) you have to use the fat o-ring on the bottom of the injector. It states this in the instructions but not very clearly, it's actually a little confusing because it says to use those fat o-rings with "LS1/LS6 applications with factory fuel rail"

Thanks for the help everyone,
Old 01-27-2014, 11:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

ah Ha! see told you to make sure you were using the bigger O-rings on the injectors!! glad you got it figured out
Old 10-01-2014, 03:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Turns out the real problem all along was that FAST makes a shim kit for use with 60# injectors, after installing that the leaks have finally stopped. The stanchions etc were all fine.

Also I kept installing the injectors while leaving the intake mounted, don't torture yourself, take the intake out and put in your new O-rings, injectors, shims or whatever you are doing and fully assemble it then put it back in as an assembly

Quick Reply: FAST 102 and FAST fuel rail = fuel leak. Need better rail bracket