Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

foxbody ls1 swap question. 4.6 k member?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default foxbody ls1 swap question. 4.6 k member?

I have heard folks using a 4.6 k member from a 96-04 mustang. This is a cheaper option for me but I wanted to check and see if folks on here have used that option or not.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Old_blue
I have heard folks using a 4.6 k member from a 96-04 mustang. This is a cheaper option for me but I wanted to check and see if folks on here have used that option or not.
I have not seen or read much on the 4.6 k member. I used the stock fox k member for my build with some silverado/4cyl fox hybrid motor mounts I made.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:52 PM
Staging Lane

Hmm I havent seen that one yet. Been doing a lot of research lately. I just found your build thread and started reading. My plans (if I ever settle on what I want to do) is a 5.3 with auto. (4l60 or 80) into my 88 notch. I liked that you have some header clearance with that stock k member. Everyone switches to a tubular and all the supporting mods which seems very expensive to me when coupled with the new engine and all. Thanks for the info.
Old 01-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

oh my other option is buying a 72 camaro (rolling chassis completely gutted) with some rust on the rear quarters and building that. When I say gutted I mean no interior, headlights, taillights....

Just frame........ body........rolling.
Old 01-26-2014, 08:08 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Old_blue
oh my other option is buying a 72 camaro (rolling chassis completely gutted) with some rust on the rear quarters and building that. When I say gutted I mean no interior, headlights, taillights.... Just frame........ body........rolling.
I wouldn't

I've owned that gen of Camaro and even when well cared for they're heavy, porky poor handling rattle trap land barges of a car that somehow have no more room inside than a tiny fox mustang.

Oh that and the doors fall off partially when you open them.

Quick Reply: foxbody ls1 swap question. 4.6 k member?