Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Interior Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 12:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Interior Mods

Anyone know some cool things to do to the interior. You know simple things to make it look better, and maybe be more functional? I noticed the bracket that holds the seat gets rusty on F-Bodies. Anyone done anything to it? Polished it or painted? I plan on fixing that, but anymore mods. I am looking more for custom stuff, We all know about gauge covers, shiftknobs, and the like. So anyone found some good, simple things that make a difference?
Old 05-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KThunder
I noticed the bracket that holds the seat gets rusty on F-Bodies. Anyone done anything to it?
Yea once I noticed that I took the seats out and painted the rusted area's with rusoleum flat black (not sure on that spelling). But it looks 10x better after doing that one simple thing.

You could check out one of our sponsors that makes custom leather interiors to add a nice change. For gauges you can replace them with white or silver, speed inc sells some really good ones.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Custom Upholstery, gauge faces, dash plaques, floor mats, etc. If done tastefully people have successfully pained some of the hard plastic parts.

Old 05-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

If you have an Auto, you can replace the plastic sliders with a shift boot like I did:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=shift+boot
Old 05-11-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Simple upgrades are the best.. things that add a little visual interest, are of higher quality and look like they "could have been" factory are the best.

Trim Parts: maybe covered in CF or to save $$ painted.. but paint them gloss black, dark charcoal grey or some other subtle color.. this will break up the stark look of the interior and give it a more classy look.

Seats: TA seats are MUCH better than Camaro seats.. or maybe aftermarket but then you really need tha backs and doors done to match.

Small stuff like shift *****, alum pedal covers, white guages (200mph?), floor mats, deck mat, and the like all add up to make a nicer interior. People should like you interior but not really know why. Its the combination of details that will work TOGETHER to make it all feel higher end.

You can see pics of my old 2000 SS's interior on my website..
Old 05-11-2004, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Steve1969LS1
Simple upgrades are the best.. things that add a little visual interest, are of higher quality and look like they "could have been" factory are the best.

Trim Parts: maybe covered in CF or to save $$ painted.. but paint them gloss black, dark charcoal grey or some other subtle color.. this will break up the stark look of the interior and give it a more classy look.

Seats: TA seats are MUCH better than Camaro seats.. or maybe aftermarket but then you really need tha backs and doors done to match.

Small stuff like shift *****, alum pedal covers, white guages (200mph?), floor mats, deck mat, and the like all add up to make a nicer interior. People should like you interior but not really know why. Its the combination of details that will work TOGETHER to make it all feel higher end.

You can see pics of my old 2000 SS's interior on my website..
Thats exactly what I want smaller things that looks stock, but are far superior. I will paint the seat bracket like MadIce suggest. I never thought of floor mats, I am gonna look into those as well. VIP1, I like what you did. Xsta, I like the gauges. I am not ready to start painting my interior though,dont want to have to replace any of it
Old 05-11-2004, 04:49 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KThunder
VIP1, I like what you did.
Thanks.

Hey Xsta Z28, maybe you should put a red one in yours.
That interior looks awesome.
Old 05-11-2004, 06:35 PM
12 Second Club

I did my interior trim in a silver that damn near matches my paint. Don't hit every pice or will end up looking gaudy. I did the radio bezel, the driver and passenger vent bezels, and the door handel bezels. The gauge pod bezel and the shifter bezel would be too loud if painted, IMO. Do what you want. I picked up an entire extra set of interior trim for $25 on Ebay so I wouldn't screw up my original stuff.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Check out these shifter *****: www.flameball.com they even do custom color combos.
Old 05-12-2004, 11:13 PM
TECH Resident

Does anyone know if the new GTO pedals will work on a TA (m6)? I really like them and I would be interested in swapping
Old 05-13-2004, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

any one?
Old 05-13-2004, 06:27 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ynkssws6
Does anyone know if the new GTO pedals will work on a TA (m6)? I really like them and I would be interested in swapping
Hmm that is a good idea. I'd would assume that they would but I couldn't tell unless I actually had a GTO to look at.
Old 05-13-2004, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

yeah, they are really nice petals....I wonder how much they would cost too.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just kept it simple - 03 Cobra shift **** and SS pedals. Plan on doing custom leather after I get a daily driver.

Old 05-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DVST8OR
Just kept it simple - 03 Cobra shift **** and SS pedals. Plan on doing custom leather after I get a daily driver.

where did you get those pedals from if you dont mind me asking, i would love to get a set of those, they look awesome.
Old 05-14-2004, 04:22 PM
Staging Lane

Why do you have mongramed carpet on your dashboard?
Old 05-14-2004, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I covered the bulk of the dash in a black, heavy grill cover type cloth. It loks so much better getting rid of such a big plastic piece. & most fbod owners notice something different but can never figure out what is different. It's real hard to get a good pic with the flash reflecting off the windshield. I took these pics after installing a hud piece. Hopefully you can get the idea.

I've also looked into doing a fake suede type material on the a pillars, I did a temp job once, & it looked real good, but I ran into problems with making the ttops look right. Most of all, it made the plasticy sail panels look even worse.
Old 05-15-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fuzzy
Why do you have mongramed carpet on your dashboard?

Its not carpet, its a dash cover that I bought from RKSport.
I can't stand the glare from the huge dash, and it helps to protect it from the sun (cracking and peeling)

Originally Posted by STKoRn97
where did you get those pedals from if you dont mind me asking, i would love to get a set of those, they look awesome
They are SRP Racing pedals. (sent PM for actual site)

Quick Reply: Interior Mods