Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Vibration 25mph on up.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2014, 11:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Vibration 25mph on up.

It's been a while since I've been on tech. I've been through a several year long adventure with my rear end set up.
My differential had a horrendous gear wine all through the speed Range on the power side and not the coast. So I just had the ring and pinion replaced and I got the center section put back in my 9 inch Moser today. This was a separate issue but I just noticed something that I think was causing my vibration after installing and getting the car back together and still up on jack stands. While running the car in gear up on the jackstands I noticed that the rear tires were wobbling up-and-down but not left to right. With the wheels off and rotors off, I put a dial indicator at the flange and noticed that the runout was .012" on one side and .013" on the other. But when the wheels and tires are on it's a noticeable wobble. The wheels were properly torqued and I don't believe the rotors are warped. This leads me to believe that maybe both of the wheels are out of round or axles are no good?
What is the acceptable amount of run out at the flange of the axles? Are there any other things that could be causing this vibration that I'm not aware of? What do you guys think?

Quick Reply: Vibration 25mph on up.