Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Question about Fast 90 Intake/TB for boost

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 12:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about Fast 90 Intake/TB for boost

I am running a LQ4 with a P1SC kit and a TSP 228r Cam. When I got my car, It had a Fast 90 Intake, Matching Fast 90 TB, and the intake has a money maker nitrous kit plumed into it.

I have done some research and it seems that everyone is running either the LS6 manifold or the truck manifolds for boost. I have seen some N/A dyno graphs of Fast vs. LS6 vs. Truck Manifold, and the Fast doesn't seem to be that much greater, until the HP numbers start getting into the 700 range. I only plan on being right around 600.

I am wondering if I should sell the Fast Intake and TB and nitrous kit to finance the rest of my project, or if it is worth keeping it. Does anyone have any experience or know where I could find some dyno graphs that may make it convincing for me to keep the fast?
Old 01-27-2014, 06:53 AM
TECH Veteran

Its been awhile, but im almost 100% sure that Mark Carlyle ran the fast intake back when he was starting to run real fast. Some people complained about blowing seals and such, but they made it work real good. I know they ran a good bit of boost back then too.

But, if it were me, i'd sell the intake, and nitrous kit, you wont need it.
Old 01-27-2014, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is not much to gain spending a ton of money on an intake at that power level (if any) The ls6 intake is tried and true and I have not found any data out there saying an intake swap is worth the money. I looked into buying a fast 102 for my latest build but no one out there could tell me if id make anymore power over my ls6. I would say sell your fast 90 and put the money into something else for your car.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:02 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

There was a thread recently where a guy removed the FAST intake and fitted an LS6, pretty sure there was almost no change. Might even have made a little more with the LS6, but the dyno was on different days etc
Old 01-27-2014, 08:30 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by stevieturbo
There was a thread recently where a guy removed the FAST intake and fitted an LS6, pretty sure there was almost no change. Might even have made a little more with the LS6, but the dyno was on different days etc
That was me. It was on different days so hard to compare apples to apples but for what its worth it made 638/538 with fast 90/90. with ls6 intake it ran out of fuel pump and had to cut the pull short but the line on the graph up to that point was nearly identical to the dyno with the FAST when we overlayed them. It now makes 671/574 with a little meth added in with same boost and timing. That being said, I would sale the FAST and buy (or even partial trade) for a ls6 and use the cash for a meth kit ect.
Old 01-27-2014, 08:52 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ls6 intake for sure makes excellent power with no issues. I've heard of the fast intakes warping due to heat I'd sell the intake and nitrous for your new build. I'm running a ls6 intake and stock throttle body made 1000 rw
Old 01-28-2014, 02:16 AM
Teching In

Awesome, thanks for the help guys. I'm gunna list the intake and nitrous kit and use that money to finance the rest of my build. I was already planning in a meth kit, so I'll grab one of those.

Quick Reply: Question about Fast 90 Intake/TB for boost