Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Got the WOPWOPWOP sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 08:39 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got the WOPWOPWOP sound

Ok its probly the wheel bearing. Does it from start to stop and goes with the wheel, progressively gets faster as the car speeds up. My question is I just need the bearings, seals and diff fluid correct? Hope the axle is not pitted. any suggestions would be nice.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:01 AM
Teching In

It does sound like a wheel bearing but it could be coming from the rear or the front. Have someone ride with you and while driving see if the sound is louder in the backseat or the front seat that should point you to the correct end of the car.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:20 PM
Staging Lane

Its definitely the rear. Already had the axle bearings done a bout 3 months ago by a shop. A buddy of mine says he can help me with these. I have no convienient place to do it. What diff gear oil do you guys recommend?
Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Had the same issue on my 98' TA when i first got it. Had to replace both sides. they are expensive but from my understanding once you replace them you shouldnt worry about it for a long while

Took me about an hour and a half to change both sides, that included a food run and poty breaks lol
Old 02-02-2014, 08:50 AM

Gear oil 75W-90. Do you have fill it with gear oil after replacing the Axle bearing? maybe the gear oil level is low

Quick Reply: Got the WOPWOPWOP sound