Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

02 Camaro window issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Camaro window issue

I have the 2002 SS Camaro and have replaced another motor for the driver side window (who hasn't)? Problem I have here is the wiring (the whole group of wires) that goes towards the motor is smoking. There is electrical tape wrapped around all of these wires and that is what seems to get very hot. I didn't put it there but thought it was there for some other reason. What I'm trying to see is if there is a wiring harness that I can get to replace for the power window. I have searched many sites but not sure if I can purchase one. The previous owner spliced some wires and used some crappy connectors so this would be why I want to do this. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old 01-30-2014, 02:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Icky. Immediately remove and section in new and CLEAN soldered wire harness in the damaged/shorting sections. It's a FIRE HAZARD and a pretty quick path towards a totaled car. Junkyards will sell you whole sections of harness at a time and its no wonder you burned up multiple window motors with that kind of resistance i'm surprised it works at all/hasn't blown a fuse.

Quick Reply: 02 Camaro window issue