Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Huron Speed stepped up to the plate to fix an issue that was not their fault!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Huron Speed stepped up to the plate to fix an issue that was not their fault!

I purchased a PA Racing k member through them. I received it. Right before installing it I noticed that one side motor mount flange on the k member was about half the thickness of the other side. The left side flange was 3/16 gauge metal and the right was 1/8 gauge. I sent huron speed an email explaining the issue and expressed that I could bend one side motor mount flange with my hands. They contacted PA racing and PA said "Ran out of the 3/16 and had to use 1/8 inch on one side. The k member should be fine once installed." So I took their word for it and installed it along with PA solid motor mounts. A few month go by and I put the car up on my lift to change the trans fluid. After putting the vehicle on the lift I noticed the engine was sitting about a 1/2 inch Lowe on the right side compared to the left. I take my flash light and look up and what do you know the right side motor mount flange is cracked clean through. I sent huron speed an email with pictures of the crack. They forward the email to PA and PA said to send it in and they would repair it. I said that would not work because this is my daily driver and I have no place to leave it torn apart for that long. I asked they send me a new one and I would put it in and send them the broken one back. PA responded saying it would be a few weeks before they could build a new one due to the current schedule and that is not typical practice. Well I don't think 1/8 inch flange is typical practice either. So Huron speed stepped up to make it right and they are sending their k member for their mock up car to PA. PA is going to powder coat it and send it to me. Then I will be sending my K member to Huron speed. Over all very good service from Huron speed.

If I had to rate the two companies I would giver Huron speed 5 out of 5. PA I would give 3 out of 5. They did offer to make it right but I do not feel they offered everything they could do. Especially since I tried to address the issue before installing.

I work on people cars everyday for a living and I know if I messed someone's car up that person would take top priority to try to make the situation right even if it ment working 5 hours late which I have done before. But at least PA tried to make the situation right just not sure they offered their best given the circumstances.

If anyone is considering buying anything from huron speed you will not be disappointed. Great customer service every time I deal with them.

I understand mistakes happen but in the end it's what you do to fix them that makes the difference.

Last edited by 703 CAMAROSS; 01-30-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Old 01-30-2014, 11:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 01-31-2014, 08:31 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome to hear. I would be disappointed in PA racing, they sent you out a inferior product and than put the burden on you to return it.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:39 AM
TECH Addict

Huron should stop selling pa stuff. How do you just throw in different size material and say itll be fine and obviously it wasn't.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Im very suprised that they would just send something out that is 2/3 the size of what is normally used.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm not trying to steer anyone away from PA racing. I think I am the only one to get one made out of 1/8 inch metal. If anyone else is considering buying one yours will most likely be Ok.

I just wanted to let everyone know that huron speed will take care of you.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Huron Speed is a great company to do business with, and this shows why!

Aaron@Texas-Speed
Old 01-31-2014, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Im not trying to hate on huron speed or anything I have bought stuff from them before and they were great to work with. But I dont think this is "post worthy" customer service, to me the right way to handle it would have been to send the OP one that was built right before having to install the bad one. Especially with a part like a k member that is so involved to install and remove. When I was running a business with my dad any bad parts we got from a supplier was a problem between us and the supplier never the customer.

Personally I wouldent have put that one in at least nothing else broke on your car because of it. And maybe you have a shop to do the work at which makes it easier, but for someone like me with no lift or anything like that, it would have cost a lot of time and money.

Again just my opinion, this wouldent keep me from buying anything from huron
Old 01-31-2014, 10:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Why would PA half-*** make something they knew wouldn't last? Very stupid on their part and then not have an extra to send to the customer? They had to know that it wasn't going to last, that's just stupid. "We ran out of material" is a sorry *** excuse, they should of stopped making product when they ran out and waited for more.

Props to Huron for picking up the slack for some half-assing company when they didn't need to.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are we SURE that yours is the only case of this? I have a PA racing Kmember sitting in the box waiting for install that I got a few months ago....makes me want to open it and check.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:02 AM
11 Second Club

I'll be checking my PA k-member when I get home now... I haven't installed it yet and I'm not going to if this same problem exists on mine... It is awesome that Huron stepped up to help you out, many people probably wouldn't have done that.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought my PA racing K-member from Huron Speed several months ago during a group purchase. No problem with mine.

I'm shocked that PA racing ADMITTED to running out of 3/16" plate steel and substituted 1/8" in place, and then TOLD YOU that it would not be an issue. That's some bullshit right there
Old 01-31-2014, 11:32 AM
10 Second Club

bootsy fab thats cool they made it right
Old 01-31-2014, 09:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I truly believe pa racing had good intentions by trying to deliver the product when promised and I do think they thought it would be fine. I don't think they knew it would crack otherwise I'm sure they would not have even tried and would have just delayed it. The rest of the k member was quality. I think this was just a one off issue. I'm not mad or anything just wanted people to know about huron speeds customer service.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Teching In

bmr it is.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Awesome to hear about HS, very troubling to hear about the PA Racing issue.

Whatever happened to quality control? Glad to hear it worked out for you.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BAADGOAT
I'll be checking my PA k-member when I get home now... I haven't installed it yet and I'm not going to if this same problem exists on mine... It is awesome that Huron stepped up to help you out, many people probably wouldn't have done that.
Same here. Is this a one time issue or did they let out a bad batch?
Old 02-01-2014, 09:29 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

In the end mistakes are made, and how the mistakes are dealt with is what matters.

Good to see that HS stepped up and helped out.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Guys I believe I am the only one to get one like this from what they told me. It was just a 1 time issue. No need to worry. Mine was a custom made one to clear my 4 inch down pipe on my kit. Like I said PA builds quality things it was just an unfortunate mishap.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

a mishap would be a failed weld. building with sub par material is negligence. good to see huron stepped up

Quick Reply: Huron Speed stepped up to the plate to fix an issue that was not their fault!