Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel pressure @ 68#

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fuel pressure @ 68#

This is for the car in my signature. I've got a couple month old racetronix pump, and I just installed a brand new Delphi regulator and gauge. Fuel lines are stock, except for feed from tank to filter which is now 6an braided hose because I kinked the factory one. When I first went to pressure it up, I primed it a couple times and I heard the regulator release and my gauge showed 58#. When I started it it went to 68#. When you turn it off it immediately drops to 58 or 57. The gauge is a cheap prosport and I need to check it, but since I heard the regulator release at 58, I think it might be right. I made sure the fpr is seated all the way and the return line was clean and no kinks. I thought about a bigger return line, but the hole in the regulator is tiny and the inlet on the tank would be the same size. Anybody have any other thoughts? I might just have to pull the return line again and check it out. Or just leave the pressure high and adjust the tune accordingly?
Old 01-31-2014, 07:46 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry for all the post. My phone wasn't letting me post. And it wasn't showing up, then they all did at once. I tried to delete the extras, it wouldn't let me do that either.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:49 PM
Staging Lane

I figured it out.... Now back to the fuel issue.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:13 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Verify with another gauge first. 68 seems a little high.

Keep in mind the Racetronix pump will hold about 62-63 at idle due to the increased flow, but should drop back to 58 under load.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Staging Lane

Hey Lonnie, you were exactly right. I got a loaner gauge from Oreilly's and it was sitting on 63 on idle. Guess I'll talk to Prosport about getting a new sending unit. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure @ 68#