Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! S10 5.3 turbo swap

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2014, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! S10 5.3 turbo swap

I'm new to the whole swapping motors thing. Could anyone help me out and tell me what I need to do to the motor and what my best options would be for the cam, turbo, valves, heads, etc. I wanna put stronger internals in it and everything so that way I don't have to worry about it later on if I decided to do more mods. It's going to be a '03-'05 5.3L. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Old 02-03-2014, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

This is going to sound kinda dickish but the best thing to do is to start reading. Buy books on what you have questions and learn as much as you can. Sure, you can just do what others say on here but you won't actually learn the reasoning behind it.

I bought this book to get me started on swapping LS stuff and it is FANTASTIC!
http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ls1-manual

I also bought this book and it is great as well on cylinder heads
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SA231-High-P...-/230848959110

I bought many more books and I am very much a hands-on type learner but these are great to have. The guys on here worked hard and made many mistakes to gain the knowledge they have as it didn't come overnight.

Like I said before this sounds like a ******** reply but if it much better than the typical "do a search" response that is common on here.

Good luck
Old 02-03-2014, 04:03 PM

It's not dickish at all. I'm open to any and all advice I can get. It's going to be a learning experience for me and that's how I like to learn. I know people who could do it for me or help me but I'll only call on them if I can't figure it out myself
Old 02-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Reading is going to be your best first step. When I got into this LS stuff I bet I read on here everyday for about a month straight. You can learn so much by what other people have done and what worked for them.

Mods depend on your HP goal. 550hp? 950hp?
Old 02-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Reading is going to be your best first step. When I got into this LS stuff I bet I read on here everyday for about a month straight. You can learn so much by what other people have done and what worked for them.

Mods depend on your HP goal. 550hp? 950hp?
Old 02-03-2014, 04:24 PM

To start I'm looking for 500-600. But wanna do mods that will prepare me for the future of putting down bigger numbers. Something like cam, heads, head studs and mayb rods. I'm not really sure what direction to go towards.

Quick Reply: HELP!!! S10 5.3 turbo swap