Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

WS6 vinyl wrap?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 08:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WS6 vinyl wrap?

I've been searching several different forums looking to see if anyone has ever done this, found one that was matte black, but I don't know if it was wrapped or not. I'm considering doing a pearl white wrap on 2002 WS6, depending on how difficult it might be on these cars.

If anybody has pictures of your wrapped Trans Ams, or someone else's wrapped Trans Am, I'd love to see it!
Old 02-05-2014, 06:26 AM
On The Tree

Any thought about Dipping it?
Old 02-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Teching In

I've considered that also. Chances are, I'll dip it, and if I don't like it, I'll go ahead and spend the money to wrap it. Just not sure how hard it'll be to wrap a WS6.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:12 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take it to Chux Trux in Independence.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:50 AM
On The Tree

I have a small vinyl business that I do on the side. I don't do wrapping as a service, mainly stick to signs and decals, but I have wrapped before. It's not all that difficult, but takes alot of time and patience. And make sure you use good vinyl for the job, don't cheap out on this! My advice would be to watch some youtube videos or get the Justin Pate DVDs and see if it's something you want to get into. PM me if you have any further questions.
Old 02-06-2014, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Im in the middle of vinyl wrapping my car right now and as mentioned its not that difficult once you learn how to work the vinyl. I also have part of my car plasti-dipped and I will tell you that when the vinyl wrap is done right it looks better than the plasti-dip- BUT- if you get a scratch or any kind of damage on the vinyl wrap that whole section needs to be redone.

If the plasti-dip gets damaged you can just spray a few coats just on the damaged area and its fixxed....
Old 02-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the advice guys. I've made plans to plasti dip it to see if I like it. If I eventually decide to wrap it, I've got mutual friends with the guys at Chux Trux, so that's probably where I'll take it if I don't wrap it myself. It won't be for a few weeks, but I'll be posting pictures in a new thread once the dip job is done!
Old 02-06-2014, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Boysenberry
Thanks for all the advice guys. I've made plans to plasti dip it to see if I like it. If I eventually decide to wrap it, I've got mutual friends with the guys at Chux Trux, so that's probably where I'll take it if I don't wrap it myself. It won't be for a few weeks, but I'll be posting pictures in a new thread once the dip job is done!
Cant wait to see it!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 AM
TECH Addict

i was this close to do mine then i got real busy with studies/work etc..
i bought a few meters and practiced it on various parts it actually isnt so hard to work with but it gets annoying on the bumpers. camaros are pretty straight forward i'd imagine it would be harder on your TA. google vinyl wrap site:ls1tech.com many guys have done it successfully.

Quick Reply: WS6 vinyl wrap?