Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Ordering from Discount Tire Direct...please read

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordering from Discount Tire Direct...please read

Help Support LS1tech.com

Everytime you purchase wheels, tires, suspension, etc...from Discount Tire Direct you are helping to support and maintain your favorite website! This one of course. Your purchases ensure that we stay on board as a sponsor and our ad dollars go to the site owner to help build, and maintain this site for you and everyone else to enjoy.

Whether you order by phone, or online...Please be sure to mention this site to your salesperson.

You main contact is Kevin Willis
Kwillis@discounttireco.com
888-459-4080 ext 424

If you are unable to reach him or myself, any salesman can help you...just mention this site.

Again, we appreciate your business and hope that we can continue to help you in any way we can!

Last edited by Todd@DiscountTireDirect; 05-11-2004 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-12-2004, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not to sound ignorant or be an a$$, but what are the chances of a discount or some kind of price break for ls1tech.com members? I am getting ready to get some tires here in the next week and my local sears told me they would match your advertised price. Yeah this helps me out a little but if I can get a better deal and come away supporting those who support us then we are all a little happier.

Fry
mfrey_kdr@yahoo.com
Old 05-12-2004, 03:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just like most sponsors on this site, we will from time to time set up a discount of sorts. There wont be a ls1tech.com set full time discount though. Sears will match our price, even with charging you tax?
Old 05-13-2004, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats what the manager said. It suprised the hell out of me, but I assume that most people are now buying tires from yall and other discount/wholesale shops. So I assume that they are just trying to get some business. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-08-2004, 10:49 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, I just purchased a set of (4) 275/35/18 Nitto 555r's (not the drag radial) and the gentleman who handled my order was very helpful. I mentioned that I was an active member of this site and was ordering from DTD because they were in fact a sponsor of this board.

Needless to say he met my goal of 4 tires for less than $800 (you do the math of how much of a discount).

I have purchased probably in total now, 16 tires from DTD and will continue to when the Explorer needs a new set. You guys are great and a definite benefit and resource.

Brien

p.s. how much of a difference will I see from road force balancing the tires as opposed to normal balancing.
Old 06-19-2004, 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by frey51
thats what the manager said. It suprised the hell out of me, but I assume that most people are now buying tires from yall and other discount/wholesale shops. So I assume that they are just trying to get some business. Thanks for the info.
I worked in Customer Service at Best Buy for a year and it's VERY un-common for a manager to price match something found on the Internet. Make 100% sure the manager knows you're talking about an Internet offer before you go in there to spend your money, because he might very well send you packing. I know I would if I still worked at Best Buy. LOL.
Old 06-19-2004, 11:50 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

I buy all of my street tires from Discount Tire, always have for the last 10 years. Hard to beat their pricing, and having a ton of DT shops all around Houston makes it convenient for getting them mounted/balanced.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

I have ordered both sets of Nitto NT-440s from discount tire direct and found that they are fast and extremely helpful. I just ordered a set about 10 minutes ago.
Old 07-21-2004, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
I worked in Customer Service at Best Buy for a year and it's VERY un-common for a manager to price match something found on the Internet. Make 100% sure the manager knows you're talking about an Internet offer before you go in there to spend your money, because he might very well send you packing. I know I would if I still worked at Best Buy. LOL.
Actually, I priced a set of itres on TireRack and DTD, then called my local Discount Tire Co. and asked if they would install them. The guy went ahead and matched the price for me, cutting it about $7/tire.

I'd say Best Buy is a very different market, because you can find electronics online for SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper than retail.
Old 08-03-2004, 05:07 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would be more inclined to buy tires from Discount Tire if their website was more helpful, like what Tirerack has. Even if you call them to ask a specific question about a race tire, they have to "get back to you" hours later. Where's the Hoosier's? Where's the Victoracer's?

Last edited by Cal; 08-03-2004 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Well, I thought I'd mention, that just a few days ago, I bought a full set of Chrome Z06 Motorsports wheels, with Nitto Extremes and 555r DR's mounted and balanced. Some of the rims had some minor dings, but the guys at DTD bent over backwards to make sure I was satisfied with my purchase. including shipping out new wheels immediately, as alternates, for me to choose from, and leaving me with a standing offer, that if I was't satisfied even a few days into the sale, that my money would be promptly refunded. They did everything a company can do, and then some, to guarantee my satisfaction with their product, service, knowledge, responsiveness, and warranty. That's about all a customer can ask from a company!!!

Big thanks DTD!!...and special thanks to Adam, Mitch, and Sam, for making this a pleasant buying experience!
Old 08-04-2004, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

From all of us...thank you for your kind words. Although we wish the experience would have been perfect from the start, we are certainly glad you still have a smile on your face with the end result.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

DTD is awesome and I always buy from them.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Man I just got off the phone with DTD, looking for BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD. and the prices are higher then just going into a local Discount tire... whats up with that?
Old 09-02-2004, 03:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

you were more than likely misquoted by one or the other. We are never higher. Could be a mistake in the comp, the salesman read the long line...or most likely, you were quoted a KDW at the store.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Todd@DiscountTireDirect
you were more than likely misquoted by one or the other. We are never higher. Could be a mistake in the comp, the salesman read the long line...or most likely, you were quoted a KDW at the store.

Well I'm very sure I wasn't misquoted in the store location. My family has done lots of business with Discount Tire retail shops. Just recently we purchase a set of 22'inch Lazaro's for the Escalade. But now I'm in a need of all for new tires for my SS. 275/40/17 for the front and 315/35/17 for the rear. Not sure if KD's or KDW's are going to be in my price range, but would like to continue to use Discount retail or DTD.

Brandon