Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Installed the supercharger hood..now it needs supercharging!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed the supercharger hood..now it needs supercharging!

I just installed a carbon fiber vented supercharger hood on my 13 grand sport.
Now I need a supercharger, but cant afford to buy new so I am looking everywhere hoping someone it turning theirs back to stock .
Problem is everything I find will not fit or require more parts that brigs the price up to the cost of new.
I would like some advice on what to look for and what will fit.
My 1st choice is a Maggie or similar , even a edelbrock but I see most of you are using a&a vortec style, any reason? heat soak? ease of install? if its hood clearance not a problem.
I am not looking to make crazy power or big boost but want to hear that whine of a blower and have something to look at when the hood is open and sinking me in the seat is always fun too.
I will be installing myself and having slowhawk in ma. tune it.
I have done a c5 ls1 swap on my 69 Camaro and a 671 blower on my big block 55 chevy (it would be nice to match it..in a modern form)
The car is all stock , manual trans, drysump. it has duel mode exhaust and will be installing header when I can afford it .
I posted a wanted add here and the vette forums but nothing that fits yet.
Any ideas on where else to look and what to look/lookout for?
Old 02-06-2014, 08:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

A&A from time to time will sell what they call a NEWEST or something for around 4300. This is a rebuilt head unit with all new hardware to be a complete kit. They post these on CF.

I went with a Centri over a PD because I don't need instant torque from a light vette. I wanted top end power. I've just never been a fan of them honestly.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Staging Lane

I wish I could find a deal like that.
I check every forum everyday hoping to find something, no luck yet.
I am even thinking turbo kit , but that's something I know nothing about, but that's what attracts me to it.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any reason you'd be opposed to using a stock LSA or LS9 blower? I've seen them on ebay for 2-3K. Usually a 1.9L LSA though. That would still provide plenty of kick.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LSX-LS3-LSA-Cts-v-Ctsv-ZL1-Pro-Street-Touring-Supercharger-Blower-/261403584549?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cdcde2825&vxp=mtr#ht_988wt_1367
May need to mess with the accessory spacing.

It's easier to keep a centri charge cool compared to PD's. PD's are also instant tq and the bane of street tires and stock driveline pieces. Personnaly if I could fit it under the stock hood I'd go PD in a heartbeat. stock size motor with the tq cure of a massive bbc.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:51 AM
Staging Lane

I bought a lightly used A&A kit with a Paxton for $3,500.00, with headers and 9 psi on the car it cam off it made 600 rwhp.
Got it mostly installed, just waiting on the crank pin kit.
Thinking of installing a balancer while its apart.

Quick Reply: Installed the supercharger hood..now it needs supercharging!