Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

VNT Turbo rear mount questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 07:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VNT Turbo rear mount questions

Ok, my car is a stock Z28 w/ lt1 out of a caprice SS so has the cast heads.
Im mocking up a rear mount and have a few questions. If it seems like its going to not be much 9f a gain I will go front mount if need be.
I have a GTA4502V which is a VNT TURBO (VARIABLE VANE) off of one of our 60series DetroitDiesels. Ive seen alot of guys running HOLSET hx55s which I think are pretty comparable. This is all in my head and I wanted to get a few opinions.
With this being a rear mount would the VNT actually help eliminate lag? Or should I remove the actuator and just weld the VNT rod to its stock location?
I also understand that running my current setup isnt ideal and using long tubes will reduce the heat that log/manifolds provide. With that said will the dual exhaust to turbo flange decrease the back pressure to turbo?
I prefer opinions, I dont mind the criticism which im sure will receive lol. But im set on turbo build and once I can clear a few things up I will move on with the purchase of other parts.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also goals are just 100-150 over stock. Will do injectors and other mods accordingly of course. Not looking to go crazy!

Quick Reply: VNT Turbo rear mount questions