Sponsored by:

Help! Fuel everywhere!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Fuel everywhere!

Hi Guys
I had the car running for the first time! I pulled it out into the driveway, a major accomplishment! After doing it a couple of times more the last time I tried to put it into the garage the trouble started. It didnt sound right, it was missing or something, ran real rough. looked at the tailpipe while running and black smoke was comming out. I shut r down and pushed it (with friends) back into the garage. A mechanic came by and ew tried it again the same thing happened only he let it run for a while. after five minutes he turned it off only to realize there was fuel coming out of the tailpipe and black soot everywhere under the car! I pulled the plugs and unplugged the cables to the fuel injectors and cranked her over and it looks like two of the injectors were still pushing fuel one on each side. Why did that happen? what can I do to troubleshoot? Aren't injectors normally closed? Maybe it was just gas from earlier? HELP!
Old 02-10-2014, 03:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 139 Posts

Injectors can stick open, that's what it sounds like to me. I had a 5.3 hydrolock on fuel once. I started it and it ran fine, backed it out of the garage and shut it off. About an hour or so later I go to start it and it goes bam! Then nothing. Pulled all the plugs and found #8 full of gas. Didnt bend any rods but did knock a tooth off the flywheel.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:59 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stuck injectors or bad wiring/shorted PCM

Quick Reply: Help! Fuel everywhere!