Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fast fuel rail fittment problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 02:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fast fuel rail fittment problems

i have a stock ls3 intake with the fast ls3/7 fuel rail kit pt#14027 i believe and fic 1000cc injectors
however the mounting brackets do not line up with the mounting holes on the intake look like the brackets are for a totally different intake has anyone else had this problem if u turn them upside down then they end up an inch or more taller then the mounting holes as well as the hardware would not be long enough at that point and not all of them would line up that way either
any ideas or do i just need to call fast and see if they will send me different brackets pics would be helpful as well if u have them with a solution
Old 02-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Teching In

You have the wrong rails. Same thing happened to me on an engine set up, was told that the stock fuel set up was an LS1 was actually an LS3 style. Mounting hardware and holes didn't match up, I did some digging found the original invoice and swapped the rails. The fit and fitment for the correct rails was immediately obvious.

You need to find out which stock fuel rail set up the engine had and go from there. You might be able to do it off a casting number on the block or from the vin of the car you got it from but you can't get the rails you just by saying you're a few inches off of where you need to mount up, believe me I tried.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Teching In

I just ended up making my own brackets worked fine copied there design made everything to work for me
Old 02-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Teching In

I looked into doing the exact same thing, luckily getting the rails was replaced was a simple exchange and cost me nothing. Glad you could make it work.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:13 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the holley fuel rails that work with any intake/injector combination....

Quick Reply: fast fuel rail fittment problems