Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Rear Axle selection Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 02:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Axle selection Help

OK so I'm Completely new to Rear Axles here, I never did this to my last Camaro. But on my new one I'm going to have too. Iv done some web surfing and I'v come to the conclusion I wanna go the S60 route but I have no idea What splines I need, or pretty much know next to nothing about making the selections before I order. I have a 98 Z28 no Traction Control. its gonna be a 80% street car but it will see the track quite a bit if that helps. The car has a G5x3 cam, heads, and exhaust also its a M6 with a Centerforce clutch kit if that helps. Any new Information is greatly appreciated.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98Z28NMB21
OK so I'm Completely new to Rear Axles here, I never did this to my last Camaro. But on my new one I'm going to have too. Iv done some web surfing and I'v come to the conclusion I wanna go the S60 route but I have no idea What splines I need, or pretty much know next to nothing about making the selections before I order. I have a 98 Z28 no Traction Control. its gonna be a 80% street car but it will see the track quite a bit if that helps. The car has a G5x3 cam, heads, and exhaust also its a M6 with a Centerforce clutch kit if that helps. Any new Information is greatly appreciated.
If You would call Me (316) 299-8427 I would be happy to explain what is best suited for Your application.

Also I have a promotion on the s60 so You can save some money as well!

Carl
Old 02-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do, Thanks!
Old 02-13-2014, 11:46 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Z28NMB21
There are several rearends out there to choose from so it would be advisable to research all of your options before jumping onto one decision. A new performance rearend is usually the second biggest investment you will make on your car so you need to make a educated decision.

Midwest Chassis, Inc is a direct dealer for Strange, Moser, Yukon, and several other manufacturers for a complete range of driveline components. We also offer the best tech help as well as the guaranteed lowest prices.

Give us a call and we can go over all the options for you and work within your budget to get you the right rearend and combo of parts within.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^This^^ Call Midwest and talk to Eric.

Quick Reply: Rear Axle selection Help