Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Figment questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 09:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Figment questions

Im starting my ls conversion from absolute zero so I'm asking questions befor I spend a single dime.

My neighbor has a beautiful 77 Malibu and is willing to sell it to me dirt cheap ($800) and I'm stealing it at that price because the car doesn't have a drop of rust or a single dent ( it's just that it's a puke green color but that's what paint is for).
Question 1. If I get the flywheel spacer so I can use a th350 does the starter need to be shimmed out to reach the flywheel or does the gear come out far enough to engage?

Question 2. Full length headers. Any idea what fits being that they don't make specific headers for that application. I am assuming that the car is still an " A" body therefore I'm thinking 68-72 chevelle conversion headers might work but I don't know for sure.
I don't much care for banging primary tubes to make them fit and I DEFINITELY don't want collectors that point toward the doors. Also, is there any hidden deals so I don't have to spend $600-$700 for chevelle conversion headers? I'm not a cheap *** but I am definitely on a tight budget.

All thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: Figment questions