Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Twin Intercoolers and boost

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 06:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin Intercoolers and boost

I'm wondering how much boost the twin intercooler system can handle, the intercoolers and plenum. I have ran 15lbs with my D1 now want to try a F1 and hopefully go to 20 lbs or so, whatever a F1 maxes out at. Can the system handle it? Can it handle a maxed out F1 ?

Also wondering on a nitrous system what size is a 3 and 4 AN line. In nitrous jet size, like is a 3 AN line like a 100 nitrous jet or what? What about orifice size, I hear a bottle might have a .350 orifice, does that mean it's as big a 350 nitrous jet? Or can flow as much as 2 - 175 jets?
Old 02-17-2014, 04:09 PM
Staging Lane

Anyone ever try an F1 with the twin intercooler system?
Old 02-17-2014, 06:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most guys I know with just the D1SC have to have more than the twin intercoolers to keep up. So I doubt the twins would handle anything an F1 would put out, especially at the boost levels you are talking about.

That being said, its all about IAT control, and there are other ways to help. What fuel are you going to be running? If you are doing an E85 setup, you might still be fine. Meth injection is also another option of keeping you IAT's down.

My D1SC is maxed out, and my IAT's are nice and cool, but I also have a large FMIC and meth injection.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just go with a FMIC you can piece on together alot cheaper than buying one from ProCharger, I just sold my twins for 750.00 I know a guy that might be intrested PM if you want.

Gotta give credited to this Guy 95-1LE-Z28 he helped me out with all the info I need to go FMIC.

Last edited by sway99bird; 02-18-2014 at 05:08 AM.
Old 02-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Staging Lane

Default Might sale D1SC system

Originally Posted by CALL911
What fuel are you going to be running? Meth injection is also another option of keeping you IAT's down.
My D1SC is maxed out, and my IAT's are nice and cool, but I also have a large FMIC and meth injection.
I'm running 93 and meth at 15lbs now and I'm ok with IAT's. Just wondering if the system will handle it. Will the intercoolers flow that much air and will the plenum and intercoolers hold together?

Originally Posted by sway99bird
Just go with a FMIC you can piece on together alot cheaper than buying one from ProCharger, I just sold my twins for 750.00 I know a guy that might be intrested PM if you want.
I might go with front mount and sell my twin system with the D1SC.
Old 02-18-2014, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z-28
I'm running 93 and meth at 15lbs now and I'm ok with IAT's. Just wondering if the system will handle it. Will the intercoolers flow that much air and will the plenum and intercoolers.

I might go with front mount and sell my twin system with the D1SC.
I don't see the intercoolers blowing apart at another 5-7#'s over what you are currently seeing. Small twins are just very limited as far as cooling ability. Most guys who use them are using the smaller P1SC. I think your idea of the FMIC is a good one.

Quick Reply: Twin Intercoolers and boost