Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Converting a Camaro pump to use the Corvette Resivor

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 09:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Converting a Camaro pump to use the Corvette Resivor

I have a PS pump and accessories from a 98+ F-Body and would like to use Holley's accessory bracket kit. Well even though they have the spacers for the F-Body accessories you need to use the remote reservoir type pump off a Corvette.

What do I need to convert my pump? It looks like I need to press in a 45deg barb for the remote reservoir, the corvette reservoir it self?

I see Kwik sells some fittings but they seem pricey any info maybe I can pick some up at grainger or McMaster Carr for less $$$?

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by rlehto; 02-15-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:38 AM
Launching!

It looks to me like you are correct on converting the pump. However I do not know if the reservoir on the Camaro pump can be removed.
Yes you need the Corvette remote reservoir.

The Holley part number from the instructions for the reservoir is 198-200, and that is a custom order part.
Old 02-15-2014, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Thanks I should have mentioned I already got the f-body reservoir off that's when I noticed the pump doesn't have the metal barb like the Corvette pump shows for the reservoir tube.

I guess I just need more info on that piece and how to install is it threaded or pressed in what size is it?
Attached Thumbnails Converting a Camaro pump to use the Corvette Resivor-corvette-pump.jpg  
Old 02-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Launching!

It looks to me like a press fit. I think it is about 5/8" in diameter. I can get a more accurate measurement later.

Update
It appears to be around 16 or 18mm, but i don't want to try and remove the piece so I cant get any more accurate.

Last edited by ChevyOwner; 02-15-2014 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:16 PM
Teching In

Thanks!

I couldn't find any press fit style hose barbs so it looks like ill have to thread the opening and use a standard 1/2 NPT to 5/8" barbed fitting.

Quick Reply: Converting a Camaro pump to use the Corvette Resivor