Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

2002 WS6 rear end

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 04:25 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2002 WS6 rear end

I've purchased an '02 WS6, this is my 3rd f-body V8! I blew the rear end out in the other two. I am asking what a tougher stockish rear end option might be?

Thanks in advance

Chris
Old 02-16-2014, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr End All
I've purchased an '02 WS6, this is my 3rd f-body V8! I blew the rear end out in the other two. I am asking a tougher stockish rear end option might be?

Thanks in advance

Chris
unfortunately this is NO tougher stock rear options. you can put a girdle on, weld the tubes, upgrade the axles, put a arp stud kit in for the main caps and it can still grenade. I had mine with all of these upgrades, but destroyed the whole center section and passenger side axle (fixed it) and two weeks later I scattered the center section again . So a couple options: DONT run drag radials (especially M/T or hoosier) and save you pennies for a aftermarket. i ran a 17" M/T et street on my M6 and both of these disasters happened on the street hitting second gear .
Old 02-27-2014, 09:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I selling my Moser 9". It has a wavetrac diff with 35 spline axles, nodular center with 3 channel ABS, backbrace, LCA relocation mounts, oversized fill plug with billet cap, and the brake brackets are already mounted up and will come with it. I also have a PST 3.5" aluminum driveshaft that is the correct length for F-body with stock trans. The sway bar mounts are for the BMR extreme anti-roll bar which I will include. Approximately 2,000 miles on it. All street and highway driving with no track time. I got it from Bob at Brute Speed and he can vouch that this thing is a beast. PM me if interested. Selling because tuner blew my motor last summer and I have decided to move on to a new project.

Quick Reply: 2002 WS6 rear end