Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

FTCKY??? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 10:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

Default FTCKY??? Anyone?

Any active members on here at Campbell?
I've got a friend of mine who's stationed up here at Knox and his son is stationed at Campbell. Well he has a nice TA that has issues and needs some help. He's not real familiar with cars and doesn't know the area at all.
He also said there was a speed shop down on Wilma Rudolph. Not sure what their reputation is but I tend not to trust many shops. Especially near a post.

He's also lost on using the Craft shop facililties.

If anyone can help him out, that would be great. He said he's surrounded by Mustangs down there.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

BTW, He's in 1-32 Cav. Just look for a NBM TA that sounds mean as hell but runs like ****. LOL
Old 02-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's a couple of us down here.
Old 02-27-2014, 10:52 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm here until April. What's wrong with his car? I've seen a few f-bodies around but not very many. Send me a PM with his info.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

I'm supposed to go to Ft. Campbell late June after I finish AIT. Not to hijack the thread, but how do you guys like it up there?
Old 03-02-2014, 07:35 AM
Teching In

The post is a little older and the units are hit and miss. But I love the area and there's a lot to do. Not to mention its ALOT more family friendly than Bragg was.

Sapper tell him to give one of us a yell if he's still needing help. Were working on getting a LS group together whenever the weather gives us a break
Old 03-03-2014, 01:49 AM
Staging Lane

Have him check out TNFbody site, good people on that site that will point him in the right direction.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks fellas. He got it trailered back up to me and I'm in the process of tearing it down. Nothing wrong on the top end so far. Guessing a loose rod.

But I did find out it is a true 383 by measuring stroke with a head off. I only get to work on it a few hours a night a few nights a week. All I have left is to pull the short block.

Damn, fellas, you let those pansy-*** mustang guys overun down there?
Back in the day, F-bodies ruled that whole area.
Oh wait, I bet all of the fast stangs are LS powered. LOL

I know he's deploying soon so I'll have his car running by then but there's more he wants to do to it. I'm just gonna make it right this time as the last owner half-assed it. He's still a young fella and full of **** and vinegar. Maybe I'll tune his speed limiter to 80 and make his mom and dad happy. LMAO
Old 03-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sick_0n3
The post is a little older and the units are hit and miss. But I love the area and there's a lot to do. Not to mention its ALOT more family friendly than Bragg was.

Sapper tell him to give one of us a yell if he's still needing help. Were working on getting a LS group together whenever the weather gives us a break
I'm here until April 20 and would like to join you guys. I have a silver Z28 on chrome ZR1s with a whopping 10k miles on it, don't know if you've seen it around. I've seen a few f-bodies in the area and have one guys number with a black WS6 that would be able to join as well.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:03 AM
On The Tree

sounds good. what is the policy on loud cars on base? my t/a is h/c/i with dumped duals--i wouldn't think they'd let it on post unless it were an offroad vehicle that i'd have to trailer in.

if allowed on post w/o a trailer, the car would also need a friendly inspection, which i can get back home in texas before i'd bring it up. do they inspect/verify inspection of cars before they're allowed on post? sorry about all of the questions, i've only been in for 5 months now so i'm still very green when it comes to all of this.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=Jake_the_Snake;18060931]sounds good. what is the policy on loud cars on base? my t/a is h/c/i with dumped duals--i wouldn't think they'd let it on post unless it were an offroad vehicle that i'd have to trailer in. QUOTE]

I ran an open cutout on post while I was there. But would close it throughout the housing areas if I was driving through them. No emissions yet in Montgomery county so loud and smelly is the norm.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not sure about the current regs, but I ran my Chevelle open headers all the time. I only lived in housing for a year then moved off post. Nothing better than firing it up at 0500 and letting it idle for a few minutes. Drove the neighbors crazy plus setting off every car alarm on the way to work. That was the old Lee (Flea) Village. From what I hear, it's gone now.

We used to race on Angels road too by Son DZ. Cool part was most of the guys racing were MP's. So we were good.
Ughhh, the good ol' days.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by robcas47

I ran an open cutout on post while I was there. But would close it throughout the housing areas if I was driving through them. No emissions yet in Montgomery county so loud and smelly is the norm.
Originally Posted by SAPPER
Not sure about the current regs, but I ran my Chevelle open headers all the time. I only lived in housing for a year then moved off post. Nothing better than firing it up at 0500 and letting it idle for a few minutes. Drove the neighbors crazy plus setting off every car alarm on the way to work. That was the old Lee (Flea) Village. From what I hear, it's gone now.

We used to race on Angels road too by Son DZ. Cool part was most of the guys racing were MP's. So we were good.
Ughhh, the good ol' days.
you, sirs, just made me a very happy man, thanks for the replies!
Old 03-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Teching In

I daily my h/c/i with true duals dumped before the axle. Most attention ive ever gotten is followed a few times. None of the surrounding counties do emissions or inspections here.

On another note since the weathers finally warming up were looking at all meeting up possibly next weekend. Ill keep yall posted
Old 03-11-2014, 07:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

If any of you can hook up with this young fella. His name is PFC Andrew Dunbar. He's in the unit I posted above.
but it'll be awhile before he can drive his car. Money is tight for him and I found the PO had put in the pickup o-ring in wrong and apparently the car had been driven quite a while like than.
Ate the cam, all bearings in the engine, lifters, etc. The crank is good though. Rock hard Lunati crank.
So as soon as he gets some money to me, I'll be starting the rebuild for him.
But he needs some F-body/LSx friends. I'm giving him a helleva deal on this work since his dad is a good friend of mine.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:19 AM
Teching In

If hes on the board have him shoot me a pm or pm number and well give him a yell. Were still trying to work out details of a meet location and time, right now were thinking sonic on wilma rudolph on fridays but still undecided,
Old 03-11-2014, 12:10 PM
TECH Regular

Fort Knox? Forget that place!!!

1-16 Cav from 99-02

Sorry for the hijack, just had to say it.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

He's not on here and doesn't have any real internet other than his phone.

He'll be needing a ride for a while if someone doesn't mind.

Sick...sending PM

Last edited by SAPPER; 03-11-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:47 PM
Launching!

I daily my h/c/i with true duals dumped before the axle. Most attention ive ever gotten is followed a few times. None of the surrounding counties do emissions or inspections here.

On another note since the weathers finally warming up were looking at all meeting up possibly next weekend. Ill keep yall posted
What does your car look like? Let me know when the meet is and I'll be there.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:41 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by newchevyman
What does your car look like? Let me know when the meet is and I'll be there.

Quick Reply: FTCKY??? Anyone?