Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96mm LS2 Typhoon Intake on 04 LS1 Goat, throttle cable issue need HeLp

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 09:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96mm LS2 Typhoon Intake on 04 LS1 Goat, throttle cable issue need HeLp

Ok guys i picked up an Ls2 96mm typhoon intake last fall. I got a hell of a deal on it so i figured id give it a shot and see how it would perform. The thing is that iv got it on my 04 ls1 GTO. I've paired it with a knockoff 102mm tb and had it port matched to make up the small difference from the 96 intake snout to the 102 tb. Also, had to swap from ls1 orings to the ls2 style orings and used the kaltech spacer kit for the shorter ls1 injectors.

My problem is that the intake/tb combo sits closer to the firewall by a decent amount and i can't get much over 80% throttle while driving down the road. Therefore, i have all this extra air coming in but the car feels like a dog @ wot and short shifts like crazy. I have already taken as much slack as i can out of the throttle cable adjustment and also hacked the crap out of my throttle cable bracket in order to help move it back and take more slack out. After all that i can show up to 98% while in park (car off) but when i logged driving down the road its maxed around 88% for some reason. I've had the winter to put it on the back burner and searched here and there but haven't found much. Anyone have any ideas or had a similar situation?
Old 02-18-2014, 09:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Got any pics of the install ?
Old 02-18-2014, 11:12 AM
12 Second Club

Unfortunately just a front shot of the intake installed from a cell phone. Nothing that shows much.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:22 AM
12 Second Club

Nada? Probably just pay for an overpriced tb spacer then and hope that takes up the slack.

Quick Reply: 96mm LS2 Typhoon Intake on 04 LS1 Goat, throttle cable issue need HeLp