Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Canadians - Rock Auto has new G Body fuel injection gas tanks for $43

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 12:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Canadians - Rock Auto has new G Body fuel injection gas tanks for $43

Heads up on some sort of close out pricing on "Fineline" brand tanks which are made/ shipped from Canada so you avoid duty issues. Comes with the filler neck and pickup/pump retaining ring but nothing else so I ordered new straps for another $19 + shipping costs. Mine arrived today & there is extensive metal baffling inside the tank including a tray at the pump pickup point (looks like a tall round cake pan) and a baffle along the entire rear 3rd of the tank with space at the bottom for fuel to flow to the various compartments I assume. Looks like more extensive baffling than the plastic tray in other aftermarket tanks I have seen pictures.......although it remains to be seen how well they prevent fuel starvation. Search using 1987 CHEVROLET MONTE CARLO 4.3L 262cid V6 which was a factory fuel injection engine. There were 2 left as of today at this price. LOL
For those in the US after shipping costs are considered you would be better off with this tank on ebay (Spectra number GM306C for $106 shipped in the US). Spectra Tanks are also made in Canada?? http://www.ebay.com/itm/85-88-CHEVY-86-87-PONTIAC-ZINC-GALVANIZED-GAS-FUEL-TANK-FUEL-INJECTED-GM306C-/261232834115?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd2b0b643&vxp=mtr

Last edited by LS3 G Body; 02-18-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2014, 10:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LS3 G Body
Heads up on some sort of close out pricing on "Fineline" brand tanks which are made/ shipped from Canada so you avoid duty issues. Comes with the filler neck and pickup/pump retaining ring but nothing else so I ordered new straps for another $19 + shipping costs.
Looks like I got one of the last 2. Thanks for mentioning this! I wasn't looking for an EFI tank for my Monte project just yet but why the hell not for $141 CDN (using the 5% off coupon) to the door with the straps and taxes?

Definitely beats dragging it back from the border with the wife and kid in the car... I wonder how my wife is going to feel handling it when it shows up in a few days? LOL.
Old 02-19-2014, 07:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

And then RockAuto cancelled my order due to an "inventory error" in their system, better yet they chose not to offer me any kind of discount or compensation. What unimpressive customer service.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats too bad, I guess they must be all gone.

Quick Reply: Canadians - Rock Auto has new G Body fuel injection gas tanks for $43