Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

paint problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default paint problem.

I'm curious if anyone else has ever had this problem. I have a 2001 WS-6, and the passenger's side rear quarter panel along the edges seems to have very faint lines in the paint. You can't feel them, and I have looked at them thru a magnifing glass, and it looks like they are under the clearcoat in the actual paint itself. I've never seen anything like it before, and I don't know what caused it. the car sit's outside during the winter, but it's covered under a carport, so it doesn't get snowed on, and i know it's not from my cover, because it would be everywhere. There isn't some crazy motor in the car, and I've never had slicks on it or anything like that, and the orads around here aren't too terribly bumpy, so I am at a loss as to the source of the problem, and how it happened. I brough the car to the dealer that I bought the car from , they told me that it's not rust or corrosion, so it's not covered under any warrenty. I do plan on repainting the car someday because of the crappy job that GM does, but not anytime soon. I've tried everything to buff out, etc. but nothing worked, and this spring's Zaino job only brought them out more .....any ideas?