Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

LS7 random throttle stuck open

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 12:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LS7 random throttle stuck open

Anyone had any issues with the DBW TB sticking open? I recently bought a 06 Z06 with very low miles. I drove the car home with no issues and hasn't been driven since my purchase. Last night I figured I would fire her up and let it warm up since it's been a few weeks. Let it run for 15 mins or so and before I pulled it back into the garage I give her a quick blip on the throttle and it stuck at 4500 rpm and wouldn't return. I killed the engine and verified the pedal wasn't stuck and sure wasn't. Today I checked out the TB and no obstructions or buildup. Very random but could be dangerous on the road. Any ideas? Thanks all
Old 02-20-2014, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be a bad sensor in the pedal or TB motor. But I'd lean towards the pedal sensor or a bad connection.

Had this happen on a crappy PTM TB that was DBC and it stared teh crap out of me mid corner. It is VERY dangerous as you lose most of your braking power as well.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Only way to fully understand whats happening here is by reading all of the inputs(throttle pedal location, throttle blade location,etc). It's probably one of 3 things. All obvious. Pedal/TB/ECM.

Quick Reply: LS7 random throttle stuck open