Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Racetronix Hotwire Kit (any advice welcome)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 09:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix Hotwire Kit (any advice welcome)

Well, ordered my Racetronix fuel pump and hot wire kit. I totally understand the instructions for the pump install, and the wiring is basic and straight forward.

I need advice how / where to run the hot wiring back to the pump. Do you route it under car chassis, or under carpet or step trim? Also where did you mount your relay? any advice welcome.

Last edited by RJDio; 02-19-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I found this thread. It pretty much answers my questions above. Anyone else's recommends are welcome, but I think I got this. Hopefully I can remember to post some pics up so anyone in future can see.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-i...trap-door.html
Old 02-20-2014, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

run it along the inner chassis on the opposite side of the fuel and brake lines
Old 02-20-2014, 07:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I ran mine along the fuel lines. Mounted the relay to some metal above the rear end. Wish I had pictures
Old 02-22-2014, 12:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks! what I don't understand after looking at pictures of some installs: why do people put their fuses under car near alternator, why do some mount relay under car? Really? I'm sure is because wires were short, but WTF? What happens if relay or fuse fails??? Just thinking out loud a little but my car is slammed and not easy to get under. Also looks like ractronix relay is different than others I've seen and have duplicates of, so I need to order a spare now! Dunno, I'm thinking ahead a little. I'm looking at extending the relay and fuse wires and mounting under the hood in view near the EWP relay and fuse boxes. If I was building these kits I'd do a little different.

Last edited by RJDio; 02-22-2014 at 12:20 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RJDio
thanks! I'm actually thinking about extending the wires and mounting relay and fuse next to reach under hood next to EWP relay and fuse near fuse boxes. dunno, will dig in this weekend.
The harness is designed to provide maximum pump performance and minimal clutter. Install the harness as per the instructions in our forum. Modifying your harness will reduce pump performance/reliability and void its lifetime warranty.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 02-22-2014, 12:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Racetronix
The harness is designed to provide maximum pump performance and minimal clutter. Install the harness as per the instructions in our forum. Modifying your harness will reduce pump performance/reliability and void its lifetime warranty.
Please send me a link of wiring instructions for harness. I bought pump and kit from Hawks and they only sent instructions for pump install, sent nothing for relay and fuse install. Honestly, what I have seen on web scares me, people mount their fuse next to their alternator under car. I don't drive my T/A in the rain but some are DD and this is not a smart mounting position. Second, some mount their fuel pump relays in back hatch, near fuel tank, or under carpet and in tire well, again not smart. If relay or fuse fails this is going to be a hard failure! Extend wires to mount fuse and relay under hood near fuse and relay box, this is ideal since can be labelled and easily swapped in a fail situation.

Last edited by RJDio; 02-22-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 10:40 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RJDio
Please send me a link of wiring instructions for harness. I bought pump and kit from Hawks and they only sent instructions for pump install, sent nothing for relay and fuse install. Honestly, what I have seen on web scares me, people mount their fuse next to their alternator under car. I don't drive my T/A in the rain but some are DD and this is not a smart mounting position. Second, some mount their fuel pump relays in back hatch, near fuel tank, or under carpet and in tire well, again not smart. If relay or fuse fails this is going to be a hard failure! Extend wires to mount fuse and relay under hood near fuse and relay box, this is ideal since can be labelled and easily swapped in a fail situation.
Instructions are available on our support forum. The harness components are designed to be mounted in specific locations and should not be altered. All the harness connections are weatherproof for use on the exterior of the vehicle.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 02-23-2014, 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Install done! Not bad. I only cut my hands 3 times lol. Follow instructions 1 number at a time and it just goes quick. The routing of the harness is the only headache if you don't have a lift, I just started on the front ramp, then when harness was halfway down fuel lines I rolled down and put rear wheels on the ramps, no drama. I didn't take too pics; 1) my new iphone ain't gonna look good with gas and grime all over it. 2) got so busy with the install just wanted it finished!

Quick Reply: Racetronix Hotwire Kit (any advice welcome)