Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Position Sensor Info

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 01:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Cam Position Sensor Info

While I was pulling out the engine on my Chevelle. The Cam Sensor connector got hooked on something (I know I disconnected it) and while the engine was being pulled out.. the connectors pulled away from the wires.

Does anyone have the connector pin diagram or which wire goes to which term and what color wire?

I can't find my Wiring info and Diagrams right now.. so if someone could provide the info. that would help.

thanks.

BC
Old 02-20-2014, 01:23 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A. Brn/wht
B. Pnk/Blk
C. Red
Attached Thumbnails Cam Position Sensor Info-cmp-ckp-ks.gif  
Old 02-20-2014, 11:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

G-Body.. thanks..

Do you also have the connector diagram ?.. I can assume that looking into the connector with the Clip on the top.. it would be A on the left with C on the Right side..

I don't want to get them backwards. I did find a picture of the connector (on Ebay).. and the it looks like A is on the left with C on the Right..

BC
Old 02-21-2014, 08:25 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok, checked the wires all the way back to the ECM connector to make sure I didn't do more damage to the wire somewhere up stream of the connector and the ECM. All checked out good. Picked up some new 150 terminals and reassemble it.. should know if my work is good by end of next week. As I want to clean/detail the underside before I stick the engine and trans back in..

G-Body... thanks for the info..

BC
Old 02-21-2014, 09:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by bczee
I can assume that looking into the connector with the Clip on the top.. it would be A on the left with C on the Right side..
This is correct, with the clip on top, and the connector end facing you and the wires facing away, it's brown on the left and red on the right. Wait a minute, why are you pulling the engine out of the Chevelle when you have a Nova to build....
Old 02-21-2014, 09:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Nova... got oil pan ?..I am swapping oil pans... I cracked the CTS-V pan, the notch on my F-Body pan leaks... so time for the yearly engine removal LOL.

I picked up a Holley 302-2 pan... I was tired of wiping off the oil from the underside.

BC

Quick Reply: Cam Position Sensor Info