Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

converter identification, Shift kit install

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 12:58 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default converter identification, Shift kit install

I swapped a 99 ls1 4L60e into an 89 camaro. i am now doing a 4k precision converter with a transgo hd2 shift kit. while doing the kit i was on the step for replacing the converter reg valve. My valve was alot differet. it was larger with holes in it almost like a rifle muzzle brake and had a purple valve inside of that. i just left that in the valve body. Also when i did the regulator valve part when i took mine apart it already had all the parts i was putting in. i just replaced them with my new parts. I also had a seal plate in the tranny that said transgo on it. all other steps were still in stock form.

For the converter. The one in the tranny was blue with a tag that said TMBX 2420 then had 6642, also had Bu50 TMBX written in sharpie. and had stamped on it 026 03 3.

I researched that conveter and all i can find is that its a 5.3 or 6.0 converter. stall of 1400 to 1700. does that seem right?

I just wanted to see if anyone knows what the other person did to this tranny. I dont know a lot about trannys.
Old 02-21-2014, 08:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TMBX is the letter code for a 300mm 4l60 low stall converter with a woven clutch lining out of a 5.3L truck and some 6.0l . It has probably been gone through if it's painted.

-Brian

Last edited by Circle-D_Brian; 02-21-2014 at 08:58 PM.

Quick Reply: converter identification, Shift kit install