Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DAMMIT!!!! need help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 03:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default DAMMIT!!!! need help

My inspection sticker went out 3/04, I had my secondary airpump replaced, new cats installed and 02 sensors put back on and my car still has run all the test it needs to run to pass the states OBD2 test. It still says secondary airpump not ready, 02 heater not ready, cataylst not ready, evap not ready. All of my other ones are ready and passed. WTF, what the hell do I need to do to make this sucker run those test. I have put well over 500miles on my car since the secondary airpump install. and I dont think my TR224 (114)cam would cause this problem since the car did run the EGR test. Please need some help here
Old 05-12-2004, 06:44 PM
TECH Resident

All those tests are ONLY run once each valid drive cycle so its not how many miles you put on but how many valid drive cycles engine has had.
Some tests could take 40 drive cycles to pass.
If you clear any error codes or remove battery from PCM it will force ALL tests back to a non complete (failed) state and has to start tests all over again.
Old 05-13-2004, 09:00 AM
TECH Junkie

well whats considered a drive cycle? I sat and idled till it warmed up all the way, i have drivin a couple miles and then costed down and pulled over and idled. The last one I mention ran the EGR test, it took 2 weeks to run that one cause before I was driving in 5th instead of 6th before I slowed down, that and I slowed down in gear. Chevy does'nt give much info on there site about this crap, I work at a chevy dealership and seems this craps a mystery to them also!!!