Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

im ready to buy a nitrious kit for my 02 z06

Old 02-23-2014, 12:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im ready to buy a nitrious kit for my 02 z06

Im looking to start of small maybe a 50-75 shot..
My car is already pretty fast and I dont know the exact hp but im guess its about 450rwhp.thats what the previous owner told me and from reading up somethreads with the same mods I have,450 seems close.
I would like to add a bottle just to have it and honestly I might not spray it often, maybe a couple times a month.
I want to go with a wet plate system.
I have a few questions though.
What gauges should I buy?
Air/fuel gauge?
Fuel pressure gauge?
What bottle pressure gauge I can buy that I can mount it on the A pillar?
What do I need to make the nitrious NOT come on if my car is running lean?
People are saying I should still tune it but if I do tune it that means I would be running the nitrious tune all the time even if im not spraying right?
Isn't thats what the LNC2000 is for? It allows me to retard timing when im spraying right? ..

Im also buying the lnc2000(unless someone can recommend something better.
I kind of want to keep it on a budget so I dont want to buy stuff thats not really needed.
I know there so much information buty eyes are starting to hurt from all the reading amd its really confuseing.

I just would like to know whats a good wet kit and the proper gauges I should get and be ready to go.
Thanks
Old 02-23-2014, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Wet plate kit ==yes. Bottle heater==Yes, Bottle pressure gauge is nice. Do it right/safe and get a stand alone and put good fuel in it to use when spraying the car. LNC2000 is perfect and it pulls timing only when u spray it and has other functions you can use if u want ==and spray 125-150. Do not waste your time spraying under 100. Pull some timing and she will live forever. Put some colder non-projected tip plugs in it. BR7ef or Br6ef. A wideband is nice to see if she is rich or lean but not a deal breaker. Sponsors here sell good quality wet plate kits.

Last edited by metlic53; 02-23-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Glowshift makes a nitrous pressure gauge that you can mount in your A-Pilar. It's also digital. I also agree with the gentleman above. Very good advice.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

If you are only doing a 50 shot i'm not so sure you'll need to change anything really
Old 02-23-2014, 12:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by metlic53
Wet plate kit ==yes. Bottle heater==Yes, Bottle pressure gauge is nice. Do it right/safe and get a stand alone and put good fuel in it to use when spraying the car. LNC2000 is perfect and it pulls timing only when u spray it and has other functions you can use if u want ==and spray 125-150. Do not waste your time spraying under 100. Pull some timing and she will live forever. Put some colder non-projected tip plugs in it. BR7ef or Br6ef. A wideband is nice to see if she is rich or lean but not a deal breaker. Sponsors here sell good quality wet plate kits.
Cool thanks..can u recommend a good standalone fuel system that's not overkill for my application?
Probably the max ill spray is 150 but ill be starting off at 75-100
Old 02-23-2014, 01:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm in the process of installing a complete system on our 2004 C5 coupe. There are lots of good vendors with very knowledgable folks on the site and I'm sure they will all set you straight. Speaking only from personal experience I've only used Nitrous Outlet. Call Brandon and tell him your goals. He can fix you up with anything that you need and will answer all of your questions completely and professionally.

Scott
Old 02-23-2014, 02:10 PM
10 Second Club

I've used nitrous outlet and recommended their plate kit wholeheartedly. If you are only planing a 150 shot I wouldn't use a stand alone especially if you are on a budget. Just make sure you have enough fuel pump and it's set up well.
Old 02-23-2014, 04:10 PM
Staging Lane

Ok hold guys i apolgize in advance for all the noob questions cause thats what I am lol..
I want to run some nice/cool gauges up front on the A pillar. what gauges can u put in the gauge pod?I want some useful gauges so I need a
1.Nitrious bottle pressure
2 . wideband gauge? Ive been looking at this one, so is it any good?http://www.glowshiftdirect.com/Black-Face-Wideband-Air-Fuel-Gauge.aspx
3.??????

Ive been checking out the glowshift gauges and they seem nice

Last edited by moe24; 02-23-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:58 AM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moe24
Im looking to start of small maybe a 50-75 shot..
My car is already pretty fast and I dont know the exact hp but im guess its about 450rwhp.thats what the previous owner told me and from reading up somethreads with the same mods I have,450 seems close.
I would like to add a bottle just to have it and honestly I might not spray it often, maybe a couple times a month.
I want to go with a wet plate system.
I have a few questions though.
What gauges should I buy?
Air/fuel gauge?
Fuel pressure gauge?
What bottle pressure gauge I can buy that I can mount it on the A pillar?
What do I need to make the nitrious NOT come on if my car is running lean?
People are saying I should still tune it but if I do tune it that means I would be running the nitrious tune all the time even if im not spraying right?
Isn't thats what the LNC2000 is for? It allows me to retard timing when im spraying right? ..

Im also buying the lnc2000(unless someone can recommend something better.
I kind of want to keep it on a budget so I dont want to buy stuff thats not really needed.
I know there so much information buty eyes are starting to hurt from all the reading amd its really confuseing.

I just would like to know whats a good wet kit and the proper gauges I should get and be ready to go.
Thanks

You can run our Maximizer 4, it has a lean protection module, it monitors AFR and you can set a rich and lean range for cutoff, or you could also wire up a fuel pressure safety switch we sell...two different ways of doing it, the controller will let you fine tune it more. As far as gauges, make sure your wideband has a 0-5v output, thats what you'll need for AFR correction. We sell a 2 1/16 electric nitrous gauge that will mount in your pillar also. The lnc 2000 is useful for that purpose. It only pulls timing when you are spraying. I would pick one up. (The LNC 2000)

-Garrett
Old 02-24-2014, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
You can run our Maximizer 4, it has a lean protection module, it monitors AFR and you can set a rich and lean range for cutoff, or you could also wire up a fuel pressure safety switch we sell...two different ways of doing it, the controller will let you fine tune it more. As far as gauges, make sure your wideband has a 0-5v output, thats what you'll need for AFR correction. We sell a 2 1/16 electric nitrous gauge that will mount in your pillar also. The lnc 2000 is useful for that purpose. It only pulls timing when you are spraying. I would pick one up. (The LNC 2000)

-Garrett
Damn i just read up on that Maximizer 4 on yalls site and it seems awesome..im waiting on my local speed shop to call me back because he's trying to put a package togather for me and ill let him know about adding that Maximizer 4,..he is an authorized dealer of your products
Old 02-24-2014, 01:14 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by moe24
Damn i just read up on that Maximizer 4 on yalls site and it seems awesome..im waiting on my local speed shop to call me back because he's trying to put a package togather for me and ill let him know about adding that Maximizer 4,..he is an authorized dealer of your products
Cool sounds good! I run one on all my cars, and our solenoids are made to be progressed also, they are tough. Our controller also does 60 amps on each stage instead of some of the others, that only do 40 amps. Making for 120 single stage setting. The built in window switch comes in handy also.

-Garrett
Old 02-24-2014, 03:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NitrousExpress
Cool sounds good! I run one on all my cars, and our solenoids are made to be progressed also, they are tough. Our controller also does 60 amps on each stage instead of some of the others, that only do 40 amps. Making for 120 single stage setting. The built in window switch comes in handy also.

-Garrett
How does the Maximizer 4 stack up with the NOS Mini? The one thing I really like about the NOS Mini is the hand held controller that you can see and cycle through to make changes. How are changes made via the Maximizer 4? From what I've seen, there is no screen or option to change settings. Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I'm trying to compare the two. It just seems like the NOS Mini would be easier to operate and make changes with due to the hand held controller.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Ls1tech & Truck Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
How does the Maximizer 4 stack up with the NOS Mini? The one thing I really like about the NOS Mini is the hand held controller that you can see and cycle through to make changes. How are changes made via the Maximizer 4? From what I've seen, there is no screen or option to change settings. Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I'm trying to compare the two. It just seems like the NOS Mini would be easier to operate and make changes with due to the hand held controller.
You have to use a laptop to make changes with the Maximizer 4, that is the only downside to it. I PM'ed you some of the details, it is an awesome controller, but you have to make adjustments via USB and a laptop.

It has a built in window switch and tps, you can hook a wideband up to it for AFR correction (Rich and Lean window), dual stage 60 amp, or single stage 120 amp, plus our solenoids are made for progression. If you have any specific questions let me know.

-Garrett
Old 02-24-2014, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Standalone fuel systems are NOt mandatory but they are safer for your Engine and you can put unleaded or leaded racing fuel in it which greatly helps with detonation and it makes power. etc etc etc. You do not have to pull as much timing with high octane fuel as you do with 93 octane pump gas. It all is up to your budget because standalones are pricey but melted pistons are alot more pricey. Usually you can find good used ones in the parts classifieds on this site if your patient. Good Luck!!
Old 02-25-2014, 07:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by metlic53
Standalone fuel systems are NOt mandatory but they are safer for your Engine and you can put unleaded or leaded racing fuel in it which greatly helps with detonation and it makes power. etc etc etc. You do not have to pull as much timing with high octane fuel as you do with 93 octane pump gas. It all is up to your budget because standalones are pricey but melted pistons are alot more pricey. Usually you can find good used ones in the parts classifieds on this site if your patient. Good Luck!!
I agree with you that a stand alone is more expensive, but both Nitrous Express and Nitrous Outlet make F-Body specific stand alone fuel systems that aren't too bad on price. Factor in that you're going to have to replace, or add in, another fuel pump anyway, so if you subtract that cost from a stand alone, it's really not that much more.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: im ready to buy a nitrious kit for my 02 z06