Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

junkyard 6.0 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2014, 09:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default junkyard 6.0 build

I am putting a 6.0 in a k5 blazer and need help finding parts and just general advice as far as getting started anything helps please
Old 02-23-2014, 12:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

Kansas City Pick-n-Pull last Friday? At any rate, too vague of a question. When you get started on it and have a specific question, then ask it and you'll likely get a specific answer. Youre not going to get many replies to a "how do I put this in my truck" question. This is me being nice, others will come on here and say "use the Search Button noob". When you actually start working on it I think you'll see what I mean....
Old 02-23-2014, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by ls1nova71
Kansas City Pick-n-Pull last Friday? At any rate, too vague of a question. When you get started on it and have a specific question, then ask it and you'll likely get a specific answer. Youre not going to get many replies to a "how do I put this in my truck" question. This is me being nice, others will come on here and say "use the Search Button noob". When you actually start working on it I think you'll see what I mean....
Eric right Ya I understand the be more specific deal for sure I am looking for a starting place fir a stand alone harness and pcm any ideas
Old 02-24-2014, 04:18 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 194 Likes on 140 Posts

I've never bought a stand alone LS harness, but there are vendors on here that have a pretty good track record. PSI and BP come to mind . I would make a new thread, or possibly re-title this one, asking that question. If I have a question I usually will put it in the thread title so people know its a question rather than advice or a build thread of sorts.

So what did they end up charging you for the 6.0?
Old 02-24-2014, 05:32 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

A friend of mine just did a K5 Blazer and made it look stock under the hood. The truck was nearly perfect (no rust, no dents, factory paint) so he did it in a way that required very little modification to the truck.

But I agree with Eric, no one is going to give you a magic parts list and build sheet. If you have specific questions ask politely after researching, but generic questions like yours will get you thrown to the wolves.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:57 AM
TECH Regular

Try to find a 6.0 motor put a escalade or a denali. They are the LQ9 motors and have more power than y he Silverado engines cause of different pistons. Lq9 produce more to start with since they more compression that comes from the flat top pistons.

Quick Reply: junkyard 6.0 build