Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

McLeod Twin Disc Clutch from SBC/T56 to LS1???

Old 02-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default McLeod Twin Disc Clutch from SBC/T56 to LS1???

I found a McLeod RST Twin Disc Clutch/Flywheel setup for a super good deal but it came off a SBC 350 with a t56(not sure if ls1 or lt1 yet) Part#6911-07. Its going to go on a lq4/t56 that im getting ready to build and was wondering if there was any way I could get this to work. The lq4 did come with the crankshaft extension piece just incase I would need that or something. I did take it off but still have. Here are some pictures I got from the guy to help. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 02-24-2014, 10:50 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 87 Likes on 78 Posts

fwiw those pics are not a "LT1" twin clutch
Old 02-24-2014, 06:46 PM
jmd
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Anything can be adapted to anything.

Worth your while? Probably not, unless McLeod happens to use the same parts across their LS_ version of that clutch and their (the engine familie(s) it fits) version of that clutch.

Step 1: Look up what it fits. On the internet. That alone will explain the previous paragraph.

Step 2: Follow this post exactly, 100% without fail. If you can do this and retain all the information involved, there's hope. That in and of itself will provide you a minimum of 1 reason why it isn't a bolt-on set-up.

Step 3: Call McLeod. Say "Hi. I Have a 6911-07 and an LQ4 project with the short crank. Can any or all of this setup with reconditioning be put to good use with my engine and a T56?"

Somewhere between that step and posting here to determine what T56 you have (you left out yet another detail,) you will have an answer. But not without a few more fairly painless steps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: McLeod Twin Disc Clutch from SBC/T56 to LS1???