Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Dual in tank help...questions.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 12:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dual in tank help...questions.

Ok , im stuck again... Im planning on running dual 255 walbro fuel pumps in my 98 ss. Im going to go to home depot to get the Y fuel block , also i just need additional help wiring this thing... Im looking into racetronix hotwire kit because the one i got is for 99-02 ...
first quesiton... is there any difference between http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...WH-002&eq=&Tp= and http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...=FPWK-017W&eq=

one is for 98 ls1 the other is for a walbro setup which i dont know what vehicle application or if i even need that one for extra costs... They do not have contact information on their website... So i need to know which one to buy...

I looked up the DIY dual fuel pumps... Pictures are outdated and im confused with wire harnesses.. I dont know if he used stock wiring for the first fuel pump and direct wire from battery to the 2nd? What relay is to be used? Did he run a off/on switch to activate the 2nd pump? i have so many questions not in the thread.

Also i was told i have holley boost reference fuel pressure regulator. What would be the difference from a non boost referenced fuel pressure regulator? Im new to the game of force induction.. Could someone explain this in retard language? Pictures is a plus but if you can explain it than i appreciate it... Thanks...
Old 02-24-2014, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

would this work better ? http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...PH-001&eq=&Tp= and would i be able to eliminate the hotwire kit using this?
Old 02-24-2014, 01:19 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Lonnies has an entire kit that works very well. It is completely thought out and has everything you need. Otherwise you may be in for quite a bit of issues.

You will also want to look at better and higher flowing filter like the Russell Perf 649250. 10an inlet/outlet and a replaceable inner filter. Not too pricey. Compact. Includes the bracket.

There are so many ways you can do the wiring. Every person and company has their own way. Racetronix website can be somewhat confusing but quite a few of the parts you will need are only avail from Lonnies.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:59 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by justablur1
Ok , im stuck again... Im planning on running dual 255 walbro fuel pumps in my 98 ss. Im going to go to home depot to get the Y fuel block , also i just need additional help wiring this thing... Im looking into racetronix hotwire kit because the one i got is for 99-02 ...
first quesiton... is there any difference between http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.a...WH-002&eq=&Tp= and http://www.racetronix.biz/customkiti...=FPWK-017W&eq=

one is for 98 ls1 the other is for a walbro setup which i dont know what vehicle application or if i even need that one for extra costs... They do not have contact information on their website... So i need to know which one to buy...

I looked up the DIY dual fuel pumps... Pictures are outdated and im confused with wire harnesses.. I dont know if he used stock wiring for the first fuel pump and direct wire from battery to the 2nd? What relay is to be used? Did he run a off/on switch to activate the 2nd pump? i have so many questions not in the thread.

Also i was told i have holley boost reference fuel pressure regulator. What would be the difference from a non boost referenced fuel pressure regulator? Im new to the game of force induction.. Could someone explain this in retard language? Pictures is a plus but if you can explain it than i appreciate it... Thanks...
We have all the parts you need to build a DIY dual system. You can e-mail us with your application for a list of parts. Make sure to include your model year.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 02-24-2014, 10:29 PM
On The Tree

i emailed lonnies , i really just need the wireharness with relays and switch, that would be nice. Also racetronix doesnt have email/phone number for support...
Old 02-24-2014, 10:48 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by justablur1
i emailed lonnies , i really just need the wireharness with relays and switch, that would be nice. Also racetronix doesnt have email/phone number for support...
We have a support forum just like this one which is available 24/7.
http://racetronix.com/sales-support/support/

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 02-25-2014, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

looks like you have to be an existing customer to ask questions or get them answered.... I already have a racetronix hotwire kit , but i bought it from someone when i bought my turbo kit.. Also i will have to sell it because its the wrong year... its 99-02 , i have a 98 unfortunately

Quick Reply: Dual in tank help...questions.