LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Part ID - Need a little help

Old 02-24-2014, 06:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Part ID - Need a little help

Looking for some insight.

1994 Trans Am LT1. It has been a few years since I last worked on this bad boy but got elbow deep in it and was looking to figure out a few things with your help.

1) On the passenger side of the Throttle Body there are two coolant passages, one down on the bottom the other up top. Confirm that the one on the top goes to a 90 degree rubber elbow and runs to metal tube that continues to the rear of the motor.

2) The vacuum port 1/8" on the passenger side. Where does that go?

3) The large vacuum port maybe 1/2" on the drivers side goes to the power brake booster?

4) The vacuum port adjacent to the vacuum port in #3, about 1/8" supplies vacuum to the vacuum hose that is coming out of the wiring harness at that point?

I know these might be simple questions but this car has been on jack stands since 2006 and I just finally got the ability to finish it. Just keep remembering things as I go and need a little bit of help. Much appreciated all!
Old 02-24-2014, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

1) The top hole on the passenger side runs to the valve cover. It's a part of the PCV system. It can be capped and a breather can be placed on the valve cover if you want. The bottom hole is where the rubber elbow connects to the coolant steam pipe that runs from the back of the head and along the intake. The other coolant port on the throttle body is on the driver side and is near the bottom.

2) Fuel pressure regulator on the back of the rail and a vacuum line that sticks out of the wiring harness

3) Yes

4) EGR solenoid and Opti vent if you have it
Old 02-24-2014, 08:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much! That answered everything at the moment.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Part ID - Need a little help