Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Fuel Pump For Current Setup + Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 08:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Best Fuel Pump For Current Setup + Nitrous

I'm going to be ordering a 78mm nitrous plate kit in March and I know I'm going to have to upgrade my current fuel pump. Right now, fuel pressure dips to 45psi at 6500 rpm's with my current setup, which can be seen in my signature. I want a fuel pump that will work with my setup, yet still leave room to grow. The plan is to start off safe and run a 100 shot, but plan to up that to a 200 shot once we get all the tuning figured out. My current injectors are Accel 44lb/hr injectors, so I'm good there; just need help picking the best fuel pump/hotwire kit.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 AM
FormerVendor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

How much power is it making on motor? I think the Racetronix RFPK-001 will get the job done up to the 200 shot.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Right at 440 rwhp on motor. With the Racetronix pump, how much more room to grow would I have past a 200 shot? I won't exceed a 200 shot on my stock bottom end, but a bigger cube forged motor will be in the plans for the future. Would an Aermotive 340 pump handle more future HP over the Racetronix unit?
Old 02-26-2014, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok, after doing some more research, it appears that a 340lph pump is not a simple drop in install. Found this in another thread in regards to what is needed to correctly and safely run a 340lph pump:

(1) - Aftermarket fuel pressure regulator since the stock one in-tank won't be able to keep up.
(2) - Upgraded wiring harness with new bulkhead connector Racetronix posted above.
(3) - Need to run a -6an return line to the return port on the bucket and remove the stock regulator.
(4) - Need to either run a new -8AN feed line or you can use the stock line and find a fitting to cap off the port on the T junction where the lines split apart near the fuel filter and return line.

Is this still accurate? I guess the Recetronix pump is the largest pump that you can run without having to make other upgrades(aside from the hotwire kit). What about dual in take Walbro 255lph pumps? I see that Show-Me-Speed has this setup with a hotwire kit. Would an other upgrades be necessary with that setup?

Last edited by Rise of the Phoenix; 02-26-2014 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:51 PM
FormerVendor

Dual In-Tank 255's will certainly leave you plenty of room to grow later. I've heard of guys with the RFKP-001 taking them well over 650hp but as far as I can recommend that would be around the max. If you're looking for something cost effective, put the racetronix pump and hotwire in the car for now and later when you upgrade to a forged bottom end, get our plastic fuse panel dedicated. This way you'll take the load off the racetronix pump but at the same time meet the new motors fuel requirements and have the dedicated for when the nitrous is on.
Old 02-26-2014, 03:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by brandon@nitrousoutlet
Dual In-Tank 255's will certainly leave you plenty of room to grow later. I've heard of guys with the RFKP-001 taking them well over 650hp but as far as I can recommend that would be around the max. If you're looking for something cost effective, put the racetronix pump and hotwire in the car for now and later when you upgrade to a forged bottom end, get our plastic fuse panel dedicated. This way you'll take the load off the racetronix pump but at the same time meet the new motors fuel requirements and have the dedicated for when the nitrous is on.
Well, if funds allow, I'm going to buy your fuse panel dedicated fuel system. My stock pump is OK right now NA, so the dedicated fuel system you guys have would be perfect for running nitrous and allow me to fill it with race fuel, which will be a lot safer and allow me not to have to pull as much timing.
Old 02-26-2014, 04:30 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
Well, if funds allow, I'm going to buy your fuse panel dedicated fuel system. My stock pump is OK right now NA, so the dedicated fuel system you guys have would be perfect for running nitrous and allow me to fill it with race fuel, which will be a lot safer and allow me not to have to pull as much timing.
Sounds like a plan!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Does anyone have any experience with this dual Walbro in take setup?

http://www.sho-mespeed.com/index.php...ry_pathway-629

It comes with the hotwire kit option, which I see as a must. Would I need anything else to run this setup? Will it work with the stock fuel regulator and fuel line? I'm waiting to hear back from Show Me Speed, but figured there had to be others out there running this setup, so I'd like to hear feedback from them on how well they like it and how easy it was to install. I assume it fits in the stock bucket.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just make sure it comes with decent instructions on how to modify the bucket and rewire the pumps. Also i don't know you current set up but u may have to remove the FPR from the bucket and run an external one. It costs more but like many people here I got mine from Lonnie.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by maroonls1z
Just make sure it comes with decent instructions on how to modify the bucket and rewire the pumps. Also i don't know you current set up but u may have to remove the FPR from the bucket and run an external one. It costs more but like many people here I got mine from Lonnie.
I would likely run a Hobbs switch and only have the second pump activate when I arm the nitrous system. The Show Me Speed website (link above) makes it sound like this is a direct replacement and fits in tank and that nothing else is needed (aside from what's in the kit) to make this work. I guess I'll wait for their reply. Seems like a better option than the Racetronix kit because it leaves a lot more room to grow.

Quick Reply: Best Fuel Pump For Current Setup + Nitrous