PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Would code P0121 (TPS) cause built trans not to downshift at WOT? tuning problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 09:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Would code P0121 (TPS) cause built trans not to downshift at WOT? tuning problem?

I am receiving codes:
P0507 - Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected
P0121 - Throttle Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

From a dead stop, my built 4L60e trans runs through all 4 gears just fine. But from a 20-40mph roll in second, third and sometimes fourth gear and I go WOT, it hesitates and will not downshift for about 3-5 seconds. The car “wants” to go, it bogs down for this short time – then she shifts and I am on my way.

What else could this be if the TPS is not the issue?

Thanks
Old 05-12-2004, 09:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd hook up some sorta scanning tool and see what the TPS % and voltage is during problem times.... (or just use a voltmeter, 4.4 or 4.5 volts is WOT I believe... closed is .5 volts I think ... so just step it up watching to see if thevoltage increases proportionally)

The PCM uses TPS apply percent to determine what speed to downshift at... (as well as upshifting)
Old 07-03-2004, 05:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MeanWS6
I am receiving codes:
P0507 - Idle Control System RPM Higher Than Expected
P0121 - Throttle Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

From a dead stop, my built 4L60e trans runs through all 4 gears just fine. But from a 20-40mph roll in second, third and sometimes fourth gear and I go WOT, it hesitates and will not downshift for about 3-5 seconds. The car “wants” to go, it bogs down for this short time – then she shifts and I am on my way.

What else could this be if the TPS is not the issue?

Thanks
I am having these same codes come up.........

What should the base and WOT TPS voltages be on a 2002 throttle body?
Old 07-04-2004, 10:07 AM
vette=lack of penis

What you need to do is in the Engine Diagnostics section of your editor. Find the tables that read PO121 error min/max. Edit those values to read 85 and 65. I know the trouble that the code has caused. My trans would do some really weird things. Edit those tables if you have the resources and you will be fine.