Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

anyone with straightlines t4 kit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 03:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default anyone with straightlines t4 kit?

been in contact with straigtline (joe) specifically about getting a kit from them t4 single but wanted to know if anyone's had issues with them. joe has given options in the kit but seems pretty busy so can't always return message or answer my ?'s. looking to hop on one of his kits this week. I know there's the huron kit GP going on which I have contacted them also but before huron made this new version I had already message joe about his kit etc. I came upon the kytp thread and just skeptical on what sponsors companies that are trust worthy. also I haven't really seen any builds on here from straightline other then the t6 and believe twin setup.

thanks
Old 03-03-2014, 06:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Straightline is my some-what local shop to me. I can tell you that they are NOT a garage shop. They just moved to a bigger shop and expanding a lot. We just had World of Wheels here in Chicago and they were there all weekend so maybe tied up there. Either way I can vouch for them not stealing your money and seen his kits in person and you can't get better quality. Just my $0.02
Old 03-03-2014, 07:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was having the same issue with contacting them. Spoke to them in person at world of wheels and they said between moving into the new shop, getting their cars ready for the show and doing some repairs to their dyno, they have been swamped. Their work looked amazing and they typically are great at answering any questions or problems you have.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:37 AM
TECH Regular

thanks for the responses. they did mention about world of wheels going in this past weekend. so no one with actual builds? I know there was a GP with at least 3 early last year. any of you with info on how the build went together?

thanks
Old 03-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...joe-build.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...treet-car.html
Old 03-04-2014, 12:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

My car is there as we speak getting the turbo kit build and all I can say is that joe keeps me informed at all times as progress goes on. He sends me lots of pictures of how the build is going. I would go back to him for any of my turbo builds in the future no questions asked. He's an awesome fabricator and will impress you big times with his skill level.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:34 PM
9 Second Club

Oh by the way, the kit in display at the show is mine
Old 03-04-2014, 03:04 PM
TECH Regular

thanks for replies. seen those threads. nice!!! actually kind of scary watching those videos with the twins!! lol. I'm only looking at a single and not looking to get max hp/ numbers. just a street car to have fun in during summer. also going to be my 1st FI car. that's the reason I ask about having ?'s and getting the help. should be in contact with joe or nick tomrw since I'm off work.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:10 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not only world of wheels but they have also been at another expo the week before. As for Joe's kits I can say I've seen quite a few in person (including the two links above) and have known him for some years. The welds he makes, the materials he uses, and the time he puts into his fabrication is all top notch stuff. Just try calling him now that they are getting all settled after the few shows they had to be at. Spoke to Nick yesterday actually.

as for your KYTP concerns I can say that Straightline has been around for quite a few years and they have always handled themselves well as a performance shop. I've seen shops come and go, rise and fall, make money and scram and I have no concerns on them doing that.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1CANTU
That turbo is sexy, billet s480?
Old 03-04-2014, 07:24 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Taubr Unit
That turbo is sexy, billet s480?
The turbo that was on the kit for the show was a billet 8496 but now it got replaced with a forced Induction custom by Dr.Turbo Gt5594 v3 billet 1.40ar

Old 03-04-2014, 07:34 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ls1CANTU
any pics from the show?

Quick Reply: anyone with straightlines t4 kit?