Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Highest Mileage V2

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 09:52 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Highest Mileage V2

What are the highest mileage V2 people have seen? I am looking to get a V2 pretty soon and it would have to be higher mileage so I can afford it. I looked on autotrader and found one with 116k haha but priced at 27k.

I'm not really scared of high mileage, just not sure about a V2 with that high for almost 30k
Old 03-04-2014, 11:15 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

imho my experience with General Motors has been nothing but positive when it comes to vehicles with over 100k miles, both LS and Duramax. It always seems the problem is when you have body and interior issues, or lack of maintenance, the engine and trans and rear itself are easily fine at that mileage.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

With that many miles, the big thing would be in the S/C oil was changed at 100k miles. Other then that is would be just standard in looking at a LS based car.

The common issues with these cars are:
S/C Rattle: Listen to the blower and see if you here a noticeable rattling coming from the S/C. The isolotor from GM is a piece of rubber that can be noisey and sometimes fail. A small rattle is generally ok, but most guys swap to a solid isolator from Metco or LPE for extra secuity (and might as well if you do an upper pulley, since you have to remove the snout to do that). A loud rattle means one of two things, either the isolator has failed or the S/C barings has failed.

Wheel clicking while turing at low speeds. There was a TBS about this about 2 years a go. The intial fix that GM did was installing 2 piece rotors on every car that complained about the issue. After that got fairly exspensive for them, the came up with a new plan...torque the front lugs nuts to 140 ft/lbs.

The rocking Recaro's. Some have guys with the Recaro's have reported that the seats will move about inside the car. I am not sure how the fixed this issue. The other thing with them is that they tend to wear a lot faster then the standard seats.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:42 AM
TECH Addict

Good info to know. I'm looking for a V in the next 8 months (in Los Angeles), so this will help, but I'm trying to stay around 40-50K in mileage since it is a car that WILL be abused by some.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sommer86
Good info to know. I'm looking for a V in the next 8 months (in Los Angeles), so this will help, but I'm trying to stay around 40-50K in mileage since it is a car that WILL be abused by some.
You will be able to find that pretty easily...and the V3 will be annouce in the coming months. So that should drive down the V2 prices.

I would sell you mine (I am north of the LA Area), but no one would want it right now...haha.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

I like the 0whp/0wtq 0 psi sig, lol
Old 03-04-2014, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Faqq.... hate to thread jack but Cole I had seen your purchase of your V2 and your tuning of it... what happened? Any warranty?

Maybe now you're missing your V1? .... sorry had to...
Old 03-04-2014, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Missing the V1...not really, haha. I always will miss that car on some level, because it was a little bit for fun. It was that retarded kid on the bus that licked the windows...the V2 is still the better car, but it is WAY more refined. I miss that raw feeling the V1 has.

What happen to the V2...haha. What it boils down to is I was pushing too much boost with a stock cam and low grade fuel (91 is all that is aviable here).

On a warm to hot day, I was make 15 PSI average. On the SNL Dyno, I was hitting a spike of 18.1 and on the CMS dyno I was hitting 16.3. The stock LSA cam is tiny (@.050 .480/.480 198/216 122.5), which is designed to handle the stock ~8 PSI. Doubling the boost and giving it nowhere to go was not a good combo. I knew all this, but put getting a better and bigger cam on the back burner...since I had a second car and the V sat in the garage 95% of the time. But on Friday, a guy rolled a stop sign and smashed into my Saturn totaling it...so I was going to have to drive the V until I got a new commuter. And with karma not being on my side for giving Allen and Aaron so much **** for their popped motors, my motor went the first day I drove the V. So I went from 2 cars to zero in 2 days.

What happened:
I was heading home from grocery shopping Sunday afternoon. When I pulled onto a back road through the desert that goes to my subdivision, and I hit the fun pedal for a quick pull. This is the order that I notice things, and not the order they happened...I hear a metallic noise, see a low oil pressure warning, the car shuts itself off, and a massive cloud of white smoke is trailing the car. When the car was loaded on the flat bed it proceeded to empty more oil. Once I get the car home and in the garage, I start investigating more...the rear fascia is coated in film of oil, the tail pipes are dipping oil, and there is oil spray all over the engine bay area near the #6 and #8 cylinders.

What is exactly wrong, I am not sure...it’s all what I think from what happened.

#1: Rear Main is gone.
#2: Detonation in cylinders #8, and possibly in #6.
#3: Hole in the block.

I am going to rebuild with a LSX 376 Fully Forged Block, LSX 6 Bolt Heads, Big cam, Melling Oil Pump, all new value train components, and a ported blower case with ZL1 Lid…maybe even through a wet kit on there.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DarkCharisma
I like the 0whp/0wtq 0 psi sig, lol
Got to have little fun with this...haha. Once I start the rebuild thread, I am sure a lot of these guys will troll the **** out of my thread...which I welcome.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:07 PM
TECH Regular

Ouch, that sounded like a punch to the *****. I too have a Saturn that's down for the count (blown HG on mine)....
Old 03-04-2014, 05:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear but best of luck with the rebuild. What is your new 'beater'? I need to get one of those too.

lol get a V1 for your beater.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn Cole, sorry to hear about your V2.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Launching!

Is there any new info on the V3 or still just rumors of what/when it is coming out? I am not really scared of the mileage, just would have to be mileage vs value/cost. I can see myself getting into a higher mileage V2 with 116k for 27k$ instead of one with 50k for around 40k$ As long as like mentioned about the 116k interior/paint wasn't trashed.

I would just have little more concern with the V2 being a super car and high mileage but I guess it would just be like any other used car. Just not sure how to factor in the blower beating. My V1 with 120k runs great and so does my denali quadrasteer truck with over 200k
Old 03-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Staging Lane

The V3 wont be out until at least next year as a 2016 model.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TeamSorad
Is there any new info on the V3 or still just rumors of what/when it is coming out?
Originally Posted by ObfuscatedV
The V3 wont be out until at least next year as a 2016 model.
This...the reveal will likely be at the next NAIAS.

The rumors are that it will be getting the LT4 from the new Z06, but or possibility TT LT based engine for the next gen ZR1. It will also get all the cool track gadgets and transmissions from the C7.

Price are expected to start around $75k-$80k

Quick Reply: Highest Mileage V2