Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1993 Mazda RX-7 FD - LS6/T56 - Lots of Mods - SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 12:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1993 Mazda RX-7 FD - LS6/T56 - Lots of Mods - SoCal

Year: 1993
Make: Mazda
Model: RX-7
Price: $27000
Mileage: 73000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): CA
Color: Silver
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

As hard as it is to do this, I’ve lost the passion for the FD, so it’s up for sale.

The mods are as follows:

Chassis – ’93 Touring model. Clean title – ~72k miles on the chassis. If I recall correctly, I purchased it from the original owner’s son or nephew after the car had an engine fire (how typical…). I’ve owned the car for over 6 years now.

Interior:
• Interior plastics and seats are in good shape – no major cracks, rips, tears, etc. – the DS seat bolster is starting to wear.
• Carpet is in decent shape. Floor mats are in decent shape – no holes or anything, but the bottom part is peeling off on the floor mats.
• Aftermarket sound dampening in the door panels and rear bin area – the car is still a little loud on the inside, but it’s tolerable.
• Aftermarket heat shielding in the transmission tunnel area.
• Custom 6 point rollbar with swingouts (similar to the RaceShop bar)
• Sparco Steering wheel
• Sparco harness
• Redline shift and e-brake boots
• Cobra 6 speed shift ****
• No stereo, but I have an aftermarket Kenwood unit (which has an orange text to match the stock cluster/gauges), R1 DIN, rear speaker brackets, and an aftermarket plug-and-play interface harness that I’ll include.
• Prosport peak/hold water temp and oil pressure gauges and a standard oil temp gauge – all on an Autometer 3-pod a-pillar gauge holder.

Exterior:
• Good shape for being almost being 20 years old. A few dings here and there, but nothing major. A couple of tiny chips here and there, but again, nothing major. The bumper has some light rock chips from driving on the highway over the years.
• The front clip was re-sprayed after the engine fire – a good used hood and fender were used to replace the crispy ones. It was painted at my friend’s auto body/paint shop – the match job was pretty well done. The front clip’s paint is still holding well after 6+ years.
• The rest of the paint is in good shape – a couple of very minor chips – one on the roof, one by the DS side door handle.
• Overall I’d give the body a 7/10. It’s no show car, but it still looks pretty good for a street/track car.
• Factory R1 lip
• FEED sides
• RE GT diffuser
• RE/JKL GTC-300 wing (the wing was slightly damaged during shipping, but has been epoxied to seal the crack) with APR mounts (makes it easy to remove so you can drive it around town without a big wing)
• Custom front adjustable splitter
• Aftermarket headlight housings + PIAA bulbs (does a slightly better job than stock)

Suspension/Brakes/Wheels:
• All suspension bushings have been replaced with SuperPro bushings – less than 4,000 miles
• All new wheel bearings and pillowball bushings as well – less than 4,000 miles.
• ARP extended studs in the rear
• Tanabe sway bars
• Stance GR+3 triple adjustable coilovers with external nitrogen reservoirs – less than 2,000 miles, if that.
• Stoptech front BBK with PFC-01 pads for the track/Hawk HPS pads for the street
• Racing brake rear BBK with Hawk Black and Blues for the track/standard pads for the street
• ABS has been deleted – I have a Tilton proportioning valve to set bias
• 929 master cylinder
• SSR Competition (forged) 18X9.5 wheels on all four corners
• BRAND NEW 285/35R18 Hankook Ventus R-S3 ($1000+)

Drivetrain:
• LS6 block - forged pistons, LS3 rods, polished crank, balanced rotating assembly. About 1500 miles.
• PRC CNC’d LS6 heads with dual valve springs and Ti retainers.
• FAST 90MM intake – painted black
• FAST 42lb injectors
• Jantzer 90MM TB
• Comp Cam 228/230 114 LSA cam
• Comp Cams upgraded rockers
• N-motion timing chain setup
• Melling oil pump
• Powerbond main pulley
• Stock T56 with ~30k miles
• LS7 clutch
• Fidanza 12lb flywheel
• 3” exhaust system - JTR headers – Y pipe – High flow cat – Magnaflow muffler.

Misc:
• Hinson mounting kit was used – subframe, trans mount, torque arm and bump steer correction
• AC is plumbed and wired – I need to charge it up to verify it works. This will be done before the car is sold.
• Accusump 3qt oiling system plumbed to the rear of the block.
• Oem FD oil cooler plumbed with SS lines and a Lingenfelter oil plate adapter.
• -6 AN fuel line from fuel rail to hard line
• Improved Racing oil pan baffle
• Custom Mishimoto radiator and a Samberg Racing coolant reservoir
• 160* T-stat
• Optima Redtop relocated to PS rear bin – new as of 01/2013
• The entire front main harness was pulled in order to weed and de-pin all unnecessary wire at the connector. X-01 and X-02 are merged into one fuse box, and the front relay box and any “loose” relays are wired into a better looking/more compact Bussmann relay box setup. The main fuse has been deleted and a Stinger 150A breaker has been put into its place. All original electrical tape, tubing, etc. has been removed, all wires were inspected for damage, and the entire harness was re-wrapped with new corrugated tubing and electrical tape. This project was to simplify the main wiring harness, and to reduce some weight. I’ll include a booklet noting everything to the new owner.

The engine has been broken in and I have the oil analysis for the new owner.

Ideally, I’d like to see the suspension setup/car further developed and this car turned into a time attack/track car.

The registration will be up to date and it will be “smogged” for the new owner. The car will also have a fresh alignment.

I’m asking $27k. I feel that with the modifications the car has, it is fairly priced. I’m really in no major hurry to sell it. It’d be nice to have the extra cash, but I am by no means desperate for the money. No joy rides, etc.

The AC is wired and WILL be charged before it sells.

The car is located in Riverside, CA. The car can be shipped. Buyer would have to set up the shipping, but I don’t mind preparing the vehicle, dropping it off, etc. If you’re semi-local (Nor Cal, AZ, Las Vegas), I do have the means to tow the car and drop it off, for a fee.

You can either PM me here or e-mail me at andrewdruiz AT Yahoo.com.

Thanks

Here's a video I made for a few interested parties:

1993 RX-7 - LS6/T56 - Start Up + Walkaround + Rev

Old 03-04-2014, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Interior Pictures:

Old 03-04-2014, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

With GT wing and splitter:

[/
Old 03-04-2014, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Engine bay pictures!

A couple of things to note:

1. On the TB intake elbow you'll see a tear - this is a tear in the first layer of silicone and did not penetrate all the way through. The hood clearance issue has been resolved since the tear. There are no intake leaks.
2. You'll see I got a little too aggressive with the firewall clearancing for the FAST 90 intake. Yeah, sorry about that.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Bump!

Quick Reply: 1993 Mazda RX-7 FD - LS6/T56 - Lots of Mods - SoCal