Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C pulley making noise, what is the cause?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A/C pulley making noise, what is the cause?

I recently replaced a bunch of pulleys when I did my heads/cam swap. Now theres a squeling noise coming from the a/c pulleys(brand new belt). Its very loud on a cold start but dims down a bit once warmed up. The noise is there all the time no matter if the air is on or not. Is the problem a bearing or my a/c clutch rubbing? Thanks
Old 03-11-2014, 09:16 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was doing the same thing last summer with a new belt also. i replaced it with this and all was good.
Amazon.com: Goodyear 4040410 Gatorback Poly-V Belts: Automotive Amazon.com: Goodyear 4040410 Gatorback Poly-V Belts: Automotive
Old 03-11-2014, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had same issue and it was compressor regardless of being engaged. Just got mad of hearing it until I cut the belt off. Replaced compressor and all is well. Here's to hoping that's not your problem.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by IIILuisIII
Mine was doing the same thing last summer with a new belt also. i replaced it with this and all was good. Amazon.com: Goodyear 4040410 Gatorback Poly-V Belts: Automotive
So your noise would ease up a bit once warmed up? This belt may be worth a try
Old 03-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dainius56
I had same issue and it was compressor regardless of being engaged. Just got mad of hearing it until I cut the belt off. Replaced compressor and all is well. Here's to hoping that's not your problem.
Did you ever open up the compressor to see what is was or just replace it? About how much did it cost to replace?

Quick Reply: A/C pulley making noise, what is the cause?