Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Getting bored of my Kia

Old 03-08-2014, 02:24 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting bored of my Kia

Hello all!

I'm Adrian, 34yo FL Bank manager, husband & father of a 2yo boy. My brother, snksknr (Alex) owner of 2002 camaro recommended I join this forum instead of camaro5.com.

The 275hp turbocharged inline 4 Kia Optima makes a great family sedan!

But I'm interested in finally owning my first v8 muscle car, looking at the new 2014 Camaro 2SS (automatic) w/ RS package.

Hoping to find out how these 5th gen camaros have been holding up. Also want to know if anyone here has the "audio" package that adds the 2 10" subs enclosure from factory.

The dealerships in my town have no inventory & I'll prob have to have it ordered & wait few months for it to arrive. Until then I'm hoping you all can give me advice & be able to answer questions I will have during my hunt.

Thanks

Last edited by Adrian97c; 03-08-2014 at 03:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice to see another Kia owner on a Camaro forum lol! My 175 hp Kia Forte Koup is just a tad less fun than my 600 + hp Camaro
Old 03-08-2014, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Cool

I bet it's not as fun lol
Kia has come along way, I might trade in my C-300 Benz instead of the Optima!

Either way going from 275hp 4cy to a stock 400hp camaro will be a nice "upgrade".

I will miss the optima's air cooled seats & all the cool tech, but it's a trade-off I'm willing to take.

I configured my 'dream' camaro on chevy.com & hope the dealer can make it happen.
2 things id like to see/hear in person is- the 'inferno orange leather & dash trim', sadly the dealer didn't have any I could see. & the other is the factory "upgraded audio equip", the dealer didn't have any that I could listen too. Here is a link of the GM accessory: http://www.westcoastcamaro.com/p-939...0watt-amp.aspx
Old 03-08-2014, 04:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

You're right about Kia coming a long way. Once they merged with Hyundai they started getting away from the "throw away car image" to a formidable competitor against the other major players...only with a lower price tag lol
Old 03-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Now I'm also wondering if I should wait for a 6th gen camaro redesign. I've always had bad luck w/ buying a car & few months later they release a new redesigned version.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think there would be a lot of compromises by trading in the Kia for the Camaro.

I've never driven the Kia, but it definitely looks like a nice car on paper. Plus it's got plenty of practicality, nice tech features, and a great warranty. A financial advantage is that there is less aftermarket support to tempt you to spend more money on the car.

The Camaro would be a 2 door, not much use out of the back seat, significantly worse gas mileage, shorter warranty (if you plan to keep it longer), and honestly too heavy for a 2dr sports car.

Just my $.02
Old 03-10-2014, 07:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BudRacing
The Camaro would be a 2 door, not much use out of the back seat, significantly worse gas mileage, shorter warranty (if you plan to keep it longer), and honestly too heavy for a 2dr sports car.

Just my $.02
I'm gonna have to 2nd this to some degree. The Camaro is a heavy car for sure, but I still like it. It handles well for what it is, IMO, and can be made CRAZY fast obviously. Like previously stated....due to vast aftermarket support, it has the ability to empty your wallet on any given day

If you have small kids, the back seat is not all that bad....but that's coming from a guy that spent a good deal of his youth traveling around in the back of an '83 T/A.

For a street "muscle car" build, I'd love to have one when I'm done with my 4-th Gen. For a street/track/autocross car, I'll stick to my LS-Miata. It's all about intended use.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Right now the stealership is trying to pass off my SX as a EX-T which they just sold one for $19k, so over the phone he told me it'll be impossible to get the $18k I'm asking for.

So I told him my car is diff, a higher trim SX w/ LED tails, sports suspension, lux 18" rims, sportier grill.. He was clueless!

I'll bring it in person tomrw & see what offer they give me on my SX.

If they offer less than the $14k I own then I'll just keep until it's paid off & hold off for either 6th gen camaro, CTS-V, or Chevy SS.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:56 PM
Teching In

Its official!!
Old 03-13-2014, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Its not factory but jl audio makes some good sub setups for the gen 5 camaro I bought a 10 inch setup for my fourth gen but it's winter and I don't drive that car and so its in my dd and sounds amazing for a single ten
Old 03-20-2014, 05:59 AM
Teching In

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348125 pic thread!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Getting bored of my Kia