General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

I changed the breaker for the defogger to 30A. How do I check if it works?

Old 03-09-2014, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I changed the breaker for the defogger to 30A. How do I check if it works?

I changed the breaker from my powered windows (working perfectly) to the defogger and still have nothing happening.

Is the light supposed to turn on when I press the defog button? Are the rear windows supposed to get hot?
Old 03-09-2014, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In most cases yes the defrost light will come on once you hit the button, usually its an orange light. Its not that the windows get hot, depending on the vehicle you will have heating elements attached to the inside of the window. sometimes they are very easy to see (thick black horizontal lines) its those lines that heat up not necessarily the window. I hope this helps, I'm not a familiar with firebirds-Jess
Old 03-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

You might try a 30A fuse, just to make sure. (Just to make sure that the window breaker isn't also tired and tripping under the load of the defroster.)

If that doesn't work, you will probably need to trace the electrical. Its not unheard of for the control relay in the dash to go bad.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I changed the breaker for the defogger to 30A. How do I check if it works?