Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Advice needed for Magnuson Swap from LS2 to LS1

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 06:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice needed for Magnuson Swap from LS2 to LS1

Here is my situation. I own a 2006 CTS V ls2 with a magnuson blower that I had installed about 6 months ago. The car is tuned and runs great with the blower and I still have all the stock parts to put it back to NA.

I also have a 72 chevelle with a nice little LS1 and i'm starting to get the bug to add a blower to it and thinking about pulling the maggie from the caddy and installing it on my chevelle. When I purchased the blower kit it was actually made for a LS6 V and it came with both TB adapters ( ls6 and ls2 ) and it also came with the ls6 valley cover so in order to get it working on my LS2 I had to purchase a new valley cover and injector clips to fit the 60lb injectors that came with the blower kit. I don't think we had to do any other changes when making the blower work on my LS2. We bolted it on and tuned it in and it's ran great ever since.

So, Putting my caddy back to factory sounds easy. Remove the blower, remove the BAP, heat exchanger, etc and throw on all my stock parts. Stock injectors, intake, etc and then load back in my stock tune and call it a day. I'm sure I can have the V back up and running in no time.

Now my question involves what will be necessary to get this blower physically bolted on my Chevelle since it's a kit made for the LS6 V. My chevelle has vintage air going on this week as well with the passenger high mount compressor kit. The only only kicker here is the fact my chevelle runs LQ9 truck accessories on it and not the LS1/LS6 accessories. Before I tackle on this job I am wanting to make sure I don't forget something important here when trying to adapt this kit from the V to the Chevelle. I am wondering if anyone has made a similar swap before? Obviously I will need to fab up a bracket for the radiator/tank which doesn't seem too hard to do. Other than that, It's the pulley situation I'm most concerned with. Does the Lq9 accessories have a different offset than the LS6 when it comes to pulley alignment? I can take pics of anything, I really appreciate the help with this.

I have jumped in head first so many times over the years and have learned the hard way. This is why I am here asking about it before attempting the swap. Any advice/insight/recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Quick Reply: Advice needed for Magnuson Swap from LS2 to LS1